Assassin's Creed Unity - Free Until April 25th [ENDED]

abacab

"In light of the devastating fire at the Notre Dame de Paris, Ubisoft wants to give all gamers the chance to experience the majesty and beauty of the cathedral through Assassin's Creed Unity on PC.

From April 17th at 10:00 am to April 25th at 03:00 am (your local time), you can download Assassin's Creed Unity on PC for free here, and you’ll own it forever in your Uplay games library. "

https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway/en-US

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, husker said:

Thanks Abacab.  I've only played AC Black Flag, which I thought was good.   Couldn't get into AC III, so looking forward to this. 

Yep, I had seen AC Black Flag on the Playstation, and it looked pretty cool, so I grabbed it cheap last year for the PC. I loved the graphics for the Caribbean waters and the ships!

But I haven't really spent much time with it yet. Now I have both to catch up on. Looking forward to the historical scenery of Paris! :D

7 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Ah damn I'm too late anyway! It's still 25 April here!

Ah, sorry! In the OP I quoted the deal timeline as "From April 17th at 10:00 am to April 25th at 03:00 am (your local time)".

It is still April 25th here too, but well past 03:00, and the deal is showing as expired also.

11 hours ago, ZincT said:

Thanks abacab!

Pretty nice! 49Gb download but it plays after 39Gb and continues to load in the background. 

I don't have any other versions and it's playing as single player just fine.

Yep. Game developers suck at optimizing.  If I was a DAW company game developers would be a no hire.

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Yep. Game developers suck at optimizing.  If I was a DAW company game developers would be a no hire.

I think that since many newer games have embraced the "open world" or "free roaming" concept, rather than a more linear gameplay, they now require many more GB of scenery and textures for hi-res rendering of boundless realistic 3D worlds.

I have found that keeping installed games to a bare minimum of "favorites" or current titles, is the only way to maintain a decent amount of free space. 

If you have unlimited data and a fast connection, one option is to store the licenses on the game developers platform, and only download and install the games that are currently in use. That way the digital game content remains archived in the "cloud", available to download and play at any time.