How To Kill A Zombie Groove Clip

DallasSteve

Question

I dropped a drum loop off the SI-Drum Kit into my drum track.  I decided I just wanted 2 bars of it so I split out those 2 bars.  I deleted the rest of  the clip.  Then I stretched out the clip and the deleted portions re-appear.  So I turned off Groove Clip under the clip settings, saved the file, and then closed the file.  When I re-opened the file I discovered what the experts here already know: The deleted portions of the clip are still there and they re-appear when I stretch it out.

How do I convert that clip to a Groove Clip  that just has the 2 bars I want and when I stretch it out only those 2 bars repeat?

7 answers to this question

On 8/21/2021 at 1:34 AM, DallasSteve said:

I found an answer, but it may not be the best answer.  If you have a better way feel free to post it.

I went into Piano Roll view and selected the 2 bars I want to put into the clip.  Then I did Paste, Special and I checked Paste As New Clip.  That seems to work.  I set that new clip as a Groove Clip and when I stretch it out it only has those 2 bars.

Do the cut, right click on the clip and scroll up to "Bounce to Clip." 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

I found an answer, but it may not be the best answer.  If you have a better way feel free to post it.

I went into Piano Roll view and selected the 2 bars I want to put into the clip.  Then I did Paste, Special and I checked Paste As New Clip.  That seems to work.  I set that new clip as a Groove Clip and when I stretch it out it only has those 2 bars.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:27 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

Do the cut, right click on the clip and scroll up to "Bounce to Clip." 

I ran into this problem again today working on another Groove Clip.  So I looked at this question again.  I didn't see your reply earlier, but it solved the problem very quickly and easily.  Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DallasSteve said:

I ran into this problem again today working on another Groove Clip.  So I looked at this question again.  I didn't see your reply earlier, but it solved the problem very quickly and easily.  Thanks.

Glad I could help. So you're sorted now? 

Edited by Will_Kaydo