Banned by YouTube – well partially!

Bajan Blue

My Blood Runs Cold

We went to upload our usual promotional stuff for our new video, My Blood Runs Cold; in video links, next video up links etc and YouTube has banned all promotional links etc for this specific video!!

When I asked why, you get a very nonspecific answer of not suitable content, whatever that may mean. If you try and ask for specifics, they just won’t tell you. They really act like arrogant Dictators!

Anyway I am just hoping the Cakewalk Forum peeps will not be offended🙂🙂

I would love to hear what people think of this video – honestly I did not think it was that bad….I have been teaching a young intern here in Cape Town whilst I have been stuck here, how to use video editing software and some of the tricks I have picked up over the years – this was one of her videos and I feel so sad it got banned as I thought it was pretty good!! She has shown fantastic promise for such a young person and I have managed to get her a full time job – here in South Africa with our massive educational challenges and job challenges for our youth (Best estimate at the moment is around 65% youth unemployment) this has been a great thing.

Anyway, here it is, the tenth track off our new album Regeneration. The track is called My Blood Runs Cold.

Hope you enjoy it.

Nigel

https://devinelie.com

https://music.amazon.co.uk/artists/B002GLCV8K/devine-lie

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2Sd0BBWtT5fv0GaXLoKTAC

https://www.youtube.com/c/DevineLie/videos

• Like 5

As usual a great mix and provocative scenes ... well ... thought provoking. As a words guy I'd love to read these with the song unfolding but hey ho!

Most probably chimkin2 has the right handle on it ... but still I'm glad you posted as I enjoyed it 🙂

ALB

Steve 

First; Top Notch as always Nigel so many 👍's on that!
Your intern has done well, no doubt about it; continue to mentor her, she has talent.
Sometimes "banned" is a badge of honor!*

<my comments over at YouTube>
First rate as always Nigel! I tried to "like" and my option was to "unlike"? I don't remember seeing this before, and the "thumb" is black?
Now what's up with that YouTube?
I see/hear nothing to censor here.....

</my comments over at YouTube>

t

*remember My Generation was banned upon release in the UK, it was "feared" stutterers might be offended...

Edited by DeeringAmps

wonderful music!!!!!but way to much gore video wise.i don't know about words as i never listen to them.i had a song on this site called white supremacy but they took it off.i explained before they did that i enjoy all people except those that hurt/think they're better then others.i also mentioned that in childhood one of me best friends was black and i played in a black band for years.jack c.

Nigel . . . this song and the recording are very well done, as I've come to expect from you, and you never let us down . . . kudos to the lead vocalist, thought this was a very strong performance. You've nailed that pro mix once again in this one . . . and since you asked

. . . the video, well, I wasn't offended by it. The images are very strong in their attempt to tell the story of the song lyrics, I'm not sure I really connected to a story unfolding . . . but those images mixed with the lyrics and the song title certainly don't hold back anything in their expression. Not for the meek. I'm thinking the gal in the tub might be a bit much for parents watching with their kids, or innocent eyes, in this ever more politically correct society we're moving towards . . . but it's a great rocking music video that makes you think, so I enjoyed it for that.

Nigel,

WOW   Strong. professional video and track. I didn't find anything offensive about the vid.

The only crit I have is that the vocal gets drowned out here and there by the instrumental and I couldn't follow the lyrics.

Great stuff overall.

Cheers.

Bert

Hey Nigel, I'm not seeing any reason why YT would ban the video  Pretty sure you can appeal the ban and an actual human will look into it. Anyway, I like the video and song. The production has a different look to it than what I'm used to seeing from you, so maybe that's a result of your newer camera person.
-Bjorn

On 8/20/2021 at 1:32 PM, Wookiee said:

Sounds OK here and I can nothing specific in the video that should cause offence.  Perhaps it has something to do with the title and the opening scene.  It could be misconstrued he is on he knees praying????

Hi Wookie - thanks for the comments - yes I could see that someone might think the guy is praying, but actually he is not - as you say that could be the reason I suppose - thanks for taking the time to have a watch and comment - really appreciated

Nigel

• Like 1

Good heavens Nigel - I can not understand how this video would be offensive at all.  Certainly, there is stuff on Google's YouTube that could be taken as more offensive than this!?  This is a song that has been wonderfully done and your intern has done and excellent job.  To me the images are "strong" but when a point is being made sometimes strong images are best to use to make the point. 

Well done Nigel and please keep encouraging that intern!

On 8/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, chimkin2 said:

Strange ! I have seen far worse things on other music videos 😵

Maybe the bathtub full of what looked like blood scene triggered a filter ? These things are all run by Bots 👀there's no reasoning with them ☺️

Absolutely true about no reasoning with Youtube!!

I had a problem with a previous video - Troubled Times - when I went to load it up they rejected it totally for something like unacceptable content - but they wont tell you what that content actually is, so you have to guess.

Troubled Times has NOTHING to do with Covid.

When I went back through the video, I had put in a 2 or 3 second clip where a shop keeper is changing the sign on the door from open to closed. On the closed part of the sign, it said "closed due to Coronavirus" It was visible for about a second or so.

Anyway I guessed this might be the problem, so i replaced it and the video was accepted immediately.

I really would like to go on a long rant about censorship, but I think that might be viewed as Political🤪

Thanks

Nigel

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

When I went back through the video, I had put in a 2 or 3 second clip where a shop keeper is changing the sign on the door from open to closed. On the closed part of the sign, it said "closed due to Coronavirus" It was visible for about a second or so.

Wow...that's crazy 😆

The bots are in charge !