“Pick Track” required in PRV

Promidi

Can we please have a “Pick Track” in PRV in the same way that it's available in the Staff and event list view.

Yes, I know we can use the track manager to the right in the PRV window, but sometimes it would be handle to just quickly use the “Pick Track” from the menu (or even a keybinding)

In the mean time (and maybe indefinitely, given that Pick Tracks was deliberately removed from the PRV in favor of the track pane a long time ago)...

Depending on your workflow, and the number of tracks you have to deal with, this could be a workaround or maybe even the preferred solution:

Enable editing on all tracks in the PRV track pane by sweeping through all track numbers, enable Autofocus, then close it.

All notes will display as 'ghosted except for the currently active/focused track. Clicking on any note will 'pick' that track and un-ghost all the notes.

If you know you're only going to be needing to work on a subset of all tracks, you can Ctrl+click in the PRV  track pane to enable just those tracks for editing to reduce the 'clutter' of ghosted notes.

This should at least reduce the amount of time you need to have the track pane open.

55 minutes ago, David Baay said:

In the mean time (and maybe indefinitely, given that Pick Tracks was deliberately removed from the PRV in favor of the track pane a long time ago)...

Depending on your workflow, and the number of tracks you have to deal with, this could be a workaround or maybe even the preferred solution:

Enable editing on all tracks in the PRV track pane by sweeping through all track numbers, enable Autofocus, then close it.

All notes will display as 'ghosted except for the currently active/focused track. Clicking on any note will 'pick' that track and un-ghost all the notes.

If you know you're only going to be needing to work on a subset of all tracks, you can Ctrl+click in the PRV  track pane to enable just those tracks for editing to reduce the 'clutter' of ghosted notes.

This should at least reduce the amount of time you need to have the track pane open.

I do have the PRV track manager open all the time, and I do edit multiple tracks in the PRV at times.

While I very much welcomed the improvements in the PRV workflow with CbB, sometimes it would be nice just to have a quick way (by means of a keypress) to access a track selector (like you can in the Staff and event list view)

No biggie, but no harm in asking....