"Memphis Honky tonk"

bats brew

You've Definitely captured that Honky tonk feel , that took me back.  I thought the slide was Real nice ,  don't hear that much slide from you.  I did feel the fluttering effect coming in around 1:46 slammed me away from the live bar feel you had going . It took me a couple of bars to get it back.  Anyway that's just my opinion .     FANTASTIC playing ..      mark 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, DeeringAmps said:

I did, until I tried to “like” the track. 
having some “issues” with the iPhone in the car this morning. 
I’ll get back to it...

t

liken' the track, that's weird...

but i'm glad you heard it all the same, thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, mark skinner said:

You've Definitely captured that Honky tonk feel , that took me back.  I thought the slide was Real nice ,  don't hear that much slide from you.  I did feel the fluttering effect coming in around 1:46 slammed me away from the live bar feel you had going . It took me a couple of bars to get it back.  Anyway that's just my opinion .     FANTASTIC playing ..      mark 

hi mark! glad you caught the 'feel' i was going for,

tho i know honky tonks mostly feature 'country' feel more than boogie, i tried to give that a nod too.

i don't do a lot of slide, but i always feature it in a couple of songs on every album i've done (5 to date.)

for example, the song "Apollo 18" off the new album, features an entire song built around multiple slide parts.

the fluttering effect you mention, that was a little melody that goes off on it's own, kinda like a day dream, that is meant to take you out of the moment, and then drop you right back in again!!

so, it worked!! heheh

thanks man.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, Jim Fogle said:

Sounds like an Atlanta Rhythm Section instrumental that was "discovered" hidden away in a tape vault.  Nice playing and mix.

hey jim! funny you mention atlanta rhy section, i really liked that band back in the day...

appreciate that kudo, thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, Myriad Rocker said:

Digging this one.  I'm gonna be coming back to listen again.  This really reminds me of listening to a good live band just jamming out and having fun.  The bass seems solid in there on the headphones I'm listening on.

howdy ho, myriad!

appreciate the comments, thanks.

i try to get the bass to sit where it works for both large stereos and ear buds.

which is kinda tricky.