XLN Early Bird Sale

cclarry

48 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I don't dislike it but I do wish they would fix the authorisation. I only installed, authorised and tested it on my new DAW yesterday and now today its "Wrong computer ID"

I decided to reboot the computer and low and behold the computer ID was correct.   It does not inspire confidence.  

I've experienced that a few times in the past after a Windows 10 update had changed my computer ID. But not recently...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chris.r said:

Now I'm off to listen to this Claustrophobic kit :D 

I would agree with this being a different kit. I have had it since it came out and have used it in certain instances. It does have a sound all it's own. And I haven't heard it anywhere else!!

I think I still have some un-redeemed kits from a sale XLN had a while back. I really like the Black Oyster kit. Keep going back to that. 

As far as getting a ITB drum "feel", to me Jamstix 4 is the best. After learning how to get what I want out of it (and it is a curve, but so worth it) I use it almost exclusively on the start of a new song. And then most of the time I route Jamstix to AD2.

I love EZD2 for fills to be honest. So easy to find a great fill I need using the browser, then I can adjust it as needed.

XO is not to be discounted.  Great tool right there. Outstanding features that allow you to tweak it just the way you need. And I haven't even learned all it features!!

If a program is developed well codewise, it will last. I have CE2K installed on my machine. It's only 32bit, but that hasn't stopped it from working. I know people still use WinAmp!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I don't dislike it but I do wish they would fix the authorisation. I only installed, authorised and tested it on my new DAW yesterday and now today its "Wrong computer ID"

I decided to reboot the computer and low and behold the computer ID was correct.   It does not inspire confidence.  

Interesting, I'm still yet to see that on my PC since I installed it about 2 years ago. Have read about it many times, never experienced it myself. Win 10.

42 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Interesting, I'm still yet to see that on my PC since I installed it about 2 years ago. Have read about it many times, never experienced it myself. Win 10.

To be fair I don't use Adictive Drums often so it seems every time I go to use it there is an issue so I get the impression it's a common event. It is easy to fix, but it does not give me confidence.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

To be fair I don't use Adictive Drums often so it seems every time I go to use it there is an issue so I get the impression it's a common event. It is easy to fix, but it does not give me confidence.

Right. It's an issue exposed by Microsoft, but you would expect that by now the XLN devs would have adjusted their activation scheme to account for it. Who knows, maybe they have?

5 hours ago, abacab said:

Right. It's an issue exposed by Microsoft, but you would expect that by now the XLN devs would have adjusted their activation scheme to account for it. Who knows, maybe they have?

Luckily, I have not experienced any issues with XLN products but if I had a constant issue with them that would definitely deter me from using XLN products. For example, I used to love using Brainworx BX Meter in my projects but inevitably the more plugins I added the more my project would randomly crash. I narrowed it down to this plugin. Even after building a new PC it caused the same issues so sadly, as much as I liked it, I had to retire it. I would do the same with XLN or any of my other VST's cause frankly, it's not like there isn't decent competition. It's great that we have all these choices.

• Great Idea 1