Synth Rack Theme Request

sjoens

Some time ago the main Synth Rack screen and Name Text colors were made to follow the default Track View colors by adding a colored area over the Synth Name Bezel image.

While the Focused track stays true to whatever color you make the Track View color, the Unfocused BLACK track color cannot be changed.

This causes some frustration for themers using dark text.

I'd like to request removal of the overlays and maybe add a second full screen image for the Focused track.

41301375_synthrackcolors.png.b619e9f2b242bbad281f76634ca6b261.png

Thanks

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

I am always all in favor of having as many colors and images available for customization, but here's the Synth Rack with my own EVA 01 Theme and as you can see it uses the same bizarre colors as my track headers (who knew that lavender-on-purple would be legible?):

image.png.835d825860fc91778ae4990e91f96d40.png

The text color for an unfocused track in the Synth Rack follows whatever color you set for Track view/Audio Track Name Text. The highlight color is Track view/Focused Track Background. So the text color does follow what's set for Track View, it's just that it follows the audio track name color rather than the instrument name color. I like the highlight, it's always nice to know which track has focus.

The only color that's not customizable is the unfocused track background color, which is always black. The restriction that this puts on us is (as you point out) that we have to make sure that we use a darkish color for Track view/Unfocused Track Background, but I do that with all of my themes anyway.

(For anyone who's wondering what we're talking about, it's all documented in The Young Lady's Illustrated Primer to Creating Cakewalk Themes. I'm not sure how he manages to keep....uh....track of all this.)

Edited by Starship Krupa

Yeah, I've got a theme that calls for black text, as shown. But current limitation makes Synth Rack unusable. So my work around is to color unfocused Track View >  Audio  text white and all others black. Fortunately CV has it's own focused track name colors.

Also don't like that the overlay only covers half the undocked screen.

Edited by sjoens

>>"The text color for an unfocused track in the Synth Rack follows whatever color you set for Track view/Audio Track Name Text."

T.E. & Preferences list "Synth Name Text" color. This used to affect all text in the Synth Rack screen. But now it only affects the Preset dropdown arrow when docked & text in the non covered "preset" area when undocked.

Edited by sjoens

As shown in the screenshot above, the overlay is black or white while the screen graphic is blue. There's only one graphic, so only one color for it.

Remove the overlays and the entire screen is uniform - as it used to be before this addition.

SoftSynths_02.3.png.e3340da6422ffea3965bc225eeba2927.png

Since the black unfocused color cannot be changed, I've colored the graphic black to match leaving only the focused synth looking odd (1/2 white - 1/2 black).

I also noticed the knob rosette circle is now elongated for some reason.

653153497_synthrack2.JPG.90d5c7f1c4639f0cda5f39403c4c4537.JPG

I've never felt the need for Synth Rack to follow TV colors.

Edited by sjoens