Ampeg SVT Suite Limited Offer!

cclarry

44 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I went from an Acoustic 360 (after I got my Alembic) to a  Sun half folded horn (with a replaced 18" Gauss) and a 4x12 Mitchell cab powered by a Crown DC-300 driven by an Alembic Stereo Preamp.

Once upon a time (for guitar) I had a 4x12 Mitchell cab loaded with Celestions - looked like a Marshall slant cab.
It rocked.  Broke my heart when I had to sell it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

Once upon a time (for guitar) I had a 4x12 Mitchell cab loaded with Celestions - looked like a Marshall slant cab.

I felt that way when I had to sell my Marshall 1960a loaded with V30's...I wanted to cry

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:40 AM, TheSteven said:

My guitar player, at the time, also bought a full stack of Mitchell cabs. Powered them with a HiWatt. It was a monster rig.

• 2 months later...

Finally demoing those : they sound superb and not annoying resonnances to fight as other amps ... but man the CPU hit is savage , put neural dsp and stl tones to shame .....

The one that gives me the same depth and quality is neural darkglass ...(didn't tried the softube eden yet) ....AT5 ampeg : i succed to quite match the settings and sound but sometime nope , in all cases hard working , those svt suite stuff sounds right without effort .....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Finally demoing those : they sound superb and not annoying resonnances to fight as other amps ... but man the CPU hit is savage , put neural dsp and stl tones to shame .....

The one that gives me the same depth and quality is neural darkglass ...(didn't tried the softube eden yet) ....AT5 ampeg : i succed to quite match the settings and sound but sometime nope , in all cases hard working , those svt suite stuff sounds right without effort .....

A pretty good effort for v1.0.0. No update yet. I hope they follow the same development path I used when coding decades ago: first, get it to work, then improve it. If I spent too much time on the original release trying to make it perfect, I never got it out the door into the real world.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, John Maar said:

A pretty good effort for v1.0.0. No update yet. I hope they follow the same development path I used when coding decades ago: first, get it to work, then improve it. If I spent too much time on the original release trying to make it perfect, I never got it out the door into the real world.

Exact , RC is pretty solid as it is ... i don't know enougth the brand to know if they're known to improve stuff with time , specially code optimisation (it is prgrammed by Line 6  guyz if i recall well) 

how does this compare to the UAD version?  its on sale too for 50% off.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/ampeg-b15n.html

IT_09_17_05-Qz1NMLnrO.tOiySUBFrj.yJxjGCE

I been listening to the production on the record it was used on. fauk thats a good bass sound. i guess it helps if you have  good player too. 😞

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/inside-track-buckingham-mcvie-feel-about-you

Edited by telecode 101

37 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

how does this compare to the UAD version?  its on sale too for 50% off.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/ampeg-b15n.html

IT_09_17_05-Qz1NMLnrO.tOiySUBFrj.yJxjGCE

I been listening to the production on the record it was used on. fauk thats a good bass sound. i guess it helps if you have  good player too. 😞

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/inside-track-buckingham-mcvie-feel-about-you

I have this one in native format (PA ) and it's pretty great but as usual , not a fan at all on cabinet section , i have the B15 and svt vr from Pa , but i do prefer the Ampeg suite .

I'm old school and tones used to be done on amp and mic placement , from your pic i see a lot of eqing witch reflect that you have to compensate (axctly what i  have to do with Pa amps) ... with the Ampeg Suite , it's easy to get it right form the plugin , i have this with softube Eden , and Neural DSP Darkglass, i have to work a little more with amplitube , but it's better than Pa