NI Session Guitarist - Picked Nylon

cclarry

THE WARM, MELLOW SOUND OF NYLON

Capturing the tone of a nylon-stringed guitar, PICKED NYLON lets you create unique melodies, and comes with over 200 patterns recorded by a session pro. Whether you’re writing songs or composing film scores, PICKED NYLON is perfect for a range of styles including pop, classical, or even bossa nova.

$99

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/session-guitarist-picked-nylon/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Dont need it, I have one of these beauties :D ... Yamaha cg-110ce ... nothing beats the real thing :D

I think you might be surprised how good they sound -  I have the other session guitarist instruments and they sound amazing.

• Like 2

When I was in my 20's I had a 50th Anniversary Averez Yiari Classical Guitar.  I was dating someone,
and one of her kids fell on it and destroyed it.  I wasn't happy, but was remarkly calm and said "accidents happen"...

Wonder what that would be worth now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Marshall said:

The quality of this series is absolutely stunning. Unless you are a seriously excellent player you will get results that are beyond what you can achieve yourself, INHO…and then there are the mics, the recording space etc. 

Yep. Fake it 'til you make it. 😀

Of course no guitar virtual instrument can do what a real guitar and guitarist can do.  Not if they spent millions and a hundred years creating it.  It's too complicated.

Still, I have four guitars and there are definitely things I can do with the NI guitar libraries that I can't play myself, even though I have played for over 50 years.   Certain exotic voicings. Playing harmonics anywhere. But mainly, keeping in more steady rhythm.

Also, I have arthritis nowadays and am very grateful that I have all my guitar VIs.  As my skills decrease, I can keep going.  And I think that the fact that I know how to play guitar helps me get better results out of them.

• Like 6

On 8/18/2021 at 12:27 PM, fret_man said:

Me, too, except I don't have a good tracking room so I will STILL use a virtual instrument.

I don't have a nylon, but my DAW is right next to the closet with our furnace and AC.  Even if I had a nylon string guitar, recording anything with a mic is not an option for me. 

I do have a steel string acoustic but  I'm not crazy about the sound of my pickup going into my DAW.   The NI strummed series sounds better than anything I can record with what I have.

Edited by Magic Russ
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

I don't have a nylon, but my DAW is right next to the closet with our furnace and AC.  Even if I had a nylon string guitar, recording anything with a mic is not an option for me. 

I do have a steel string acoustic but  I'm not crazy about the sound of my pickup going into my DAW.   The NI strummed series sounds better than anything I can record with what I have.

Many Classicals inc the Yamaha cutaway I own has a built in Jack + small EQ / Vol panel, so mic'ing is optional. Instead tru a DI on Audio I/O

13 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

.  And I think that the fact that I know how to play guitar helps me get better results out of them.

Yes this is the big irony ,  being able to play the actual real life instrument makes it easier to produce convincing virtual instrument results. It's the same with orchestral type sample libraries as well - a little real world experience can go a long way.  ☺️

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 2