Need help troubleshooting

My playback suddenly became silent. I see all the meters jumping, but no audio. I found that I get the audio back when I mute a certain track. And when I unmute it, meter shows constant max level, clipping indicators are red, and no audio whatsoever. Automation, gain, volume all the settings I see on the track and in the console seem to be ok. What's going on, can somebody help?

I have seen this before. I'm not sure what causes it. I got a pop when I started the playback. I think it has to do with plugins.  One of the times this happened it was caused by an older version off waves TG Mastering Chain VST3.

1)Is it an audio or midi project.

2) Does the track have plugins on it

3) Does the bus have plugins on it?

4) Do your  cpu meters read really high? What do they read. (Track enabled and disabled?)

5) Do you hear a pop when you start "silent version"  playback?

6) Did you already try rebooting your computer and restarting BLCakewalk?

1. Midi with some audio effects

2. Track is a Synth with no FX plugins

3. I'm noob, but as far as I can tell - no

4. CPU meter doesn't change either track muted or not

5. Nope, just silcence

6. Yes I did, it got worse, initially when I was rendering into MP3, this track would havce messed synth automation in one place, playback would play normal. I restarted and got into this problem.

Overall I'm starting to thing it's synth problem.

image.png.0bcb097a0bea6b3691f1b747066329de.png

Make sure the audio engine did not stop, and if it did restart it. Consider any recent VST plugins added and toggle those (or all) vst plug ins on an off and see if that changes the situation. Close / reopen the program, go to drivers in the preferences and make sure everything is ok.

I was wondering if automation was the problem.  Envelopes can get out of sorts from time to time. If you have a ton of  data in the env, you could copy it to another envelope name then copy it back.  The best solution might be to delete the env and just redo it. Hope you are getting it to work now.

Look at envelopes pointed to prochannel - volume and gain.

Edited by Max Arwood
added info