Please Add Input Echo Button To PRV's Track Pane

Keni

Getting Old Having some tools unavailable in some views.... All should mean all!

In This situation, Changing MIDI Input Echo Enable while editing MIDI in PRV get old very fast back and forth between TV and PRV to continually switch this selection.... Elsewhere too!

Edited by Keni

17 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Keyboard shortcut doesn't work if a plug-in has focus (I've tried already :-)).

Keyboard shortcut works here (I use ALT + i) when a plugin has focus (I just tried it)...... and even if, with a particular plugin, it doesn't, there is always the custom console.

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

Until the Bakers add this, maybe these workarounds might help.

Create a keyboard shortcut to Input Echo

Or

Assign "Input Echo" to a button on the custom console.

Good Thought, but how do I tell it which instrument to enable when there are numerous (typical)

4 hours ago, David Baay said:

For the PRV, doesn't 'Always Echo Current MIDI Track' address the need in the most common case that you just want to be able to play the instrument on the track you're currently editing?

It would if I simply wanted it on all the time...

4 hours ago, Keni said:

I guess you haven’t run into the things I have. I only wish to transmit when I wish, not when I happen to have as current selection

Actually, I generally feel the same way, and typically leave  'Always Echo' disabled. The main reason in my case is that I often leave Local Control enabled on my keyboard synth to eliminate the MIDI round-trip latency and get the best possible response when just playing and recording solo piano and not working with any other synths which is the way most of my projects start out. Obviously I don't want the MIDI track in my default template echoing automatically in that case.

But when working in a project with multiple synth tracks, and wanting to have the most transparent experience with performing on a controller while switching tracks in the PRV, I would think 'Always Echo' is the way to go. 

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Actually, I generally feel the same way, and typically leave  'Always Echo' disabled. The main reason in my case is that I often leave Local Control enabled on my keyboard synth to eliminate the MIDI round-trip latency and get the best possible response when just playing and recording solo piano and not working with any other synths which is the way most of my projects start out. Obviously I don't want the MIDI track in my default template echoing automatically in that case.

But when working in a project with multiple synth tracks, and wanting to have the most transparent experience with performing on a controller while switching tracks in the PRV, I would think 'Always Echo' is the way to go. 

I see your point, but adding the button would be more to my taste. We all have our work model preferences. Work arounds when needed, but I prefer.........