how to select track with midi/keyboard shortcuts?

zzz

Question

i can map record/mute/solo on track 1/2/3/4... by right clicking > remote control > learn

but i cannot find a way to switch between tracks other then clicking on it, also searched keyboard shortcuts in preferences

5 answers to this question

i have multiple tracks with VSTs, when i play with midi keyboard only 1 instrument plays, if i click another track, it plays and other are automatically muted

im not sure whether it is called selected, or highlighted

i want to be able to select tracks with vst instruments from midi keyboard, i have done setup for individual track solo/mute/volume/pan no problem

i also found the "input echo" button kind of do what i want, but look like it was not meant to be used that way, notes hang when turning it off

Without a control surface, the only way I know to do this is to use the up / down cursor keys to move up and down the tracks.

Alternatively, if you open the Synth Rack view and click on one of the synths so it's focussed, you can use the up/down cursor keys there - this might be more useful if you're synth tracks have audio tracks intermingled with them.