Brainworx Support the Flood Sale

cclarry

THE BRAINWORX OFFICE WAS DESTROYED!
In July Germany got hit by a devastating flood. This national disaster has destroyed the BX headquarter completely (as documented in our blog), including the offices and the iconic studio. The BX team is looking at hundreds of thousands of Euros of damage in equipment, furniture, and room treatment.

WANT TO HELP BX? THE ALLIANCE WAY!
30+ of the Alliance companies have offered to run a 48 hour flood sale, willing to waive ALL of their royalties - to help minimize the financial damage at BX!

This means you can help by simply purchasing any of the 100+ featured plugin deals in the next 48 hours! Plugin Alliance will forward 100% of the proceeds to Brainworx in Germany next week.

100+ plugin offers - starting at just $5*

A BIG THANK YOU FOR HELPING… AND TO ALL THE PARTICIPATING ALLIANCE PARTNERS BELOW!

All offers end August 18, 11:59 PM California Time

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jesse g said:

That is a great sale.  I already have some of the great plugins. 

I wish they had the Brainworx bx_townhouse Buss Compressor on sale.

I'm kind of expecting they will add some more tomorrow.

Odd a few of the usual suspects are not included.  

Yep, get Thorn first and foremost. Then bx_oberhausen and maybe Knifonium or even UA Lion. 
Some fx are pretty interesting too, like bx_masterdesk, SPL Iron and Vitalizer Mk2-T, Maag EQ2 or EQ4, Elysia mpressor and Karacter, Noveltech Vocal Enhancer or the Unfiltered Audio ones. And many more. 
But don’t overlook ADPTR Audio Metric AB. It’s pretty dandy handy. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, fpoir said:

I don't have much from PA, so I'm buying some stuff just to help out. Highest recommendations from among the sale items?

There are honestly so many of them, depends on what other tools you might have that PA potentially has a better option.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Yep, get Thorn first and foremost. Then bx_oberhausen and maybe Knifonium or even UA Lion. 
Some fx are pretty interesting too, like bx_masterdesk, SPL Iron and Vitalizer Mk2-T, Maag EQ2 or EQ4, Elysia mpressor and Karacter, Noveltech Vocal Enhancer or the Unfiltered Audio ones. And many more. 
But don’t overlook ADPTR Audio Metric AB. It’s pretty dandy handy. 

I keep wondering if Thorn is worth the money over the "free" Thorn CM version for someone that isn't a synth junkie.

The CM version is pretty feature packed.

Just now, Brian Walton said:

I keep wondering if Thorn is worth the money over the "free" Thorn CM version for someone that isn't a synth junkie.

True. I was able to get an (almost free) upgrade to the PA ecosphere, which did it for me. Having it in there is nice. 

9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Thorn CM has the following limitations compared to the full Thorn:

2 oscillators instead of 3

1 filter instead of 2

4 effects instead of 9

Less filter models

Only you can decide if it is worth the extra money. 

Edited by Doug Rintoul

1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Thorn CM has the following limitations compared to the full Thorn:

2 oscillators instead of 3

1 filter instead of 2

4 effects instead of 9

Less filter models

Right, but the question in my mind is are those things really needed?  Again from someone that doesn't push the limit of even what "CM" can do, $40 (without vouchers) isn't exaclty free and also there are lots of other options on the table.  

32 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Right, but the question in my mind is are those things really needed?  Again from someone that doesn't push the limit of even what "CM" can do, $40 (without vouchers) isn't exaclty free and also there are lots of other options on the table.  

If you’re not getting vouchers, just spend $50 in a year.  These sales are a good time to get in.  Then just be patient and pick up one plugin each month for $15 or $25 after voucher.

The best time though would be when they have sales and the $20 no minimum vouchers.

Edited by ALC

1 minute ago, ALC said:

If you’re not getting vouchers, just spend $50 in a year.  These sales are a good time to get in.  Then just be patient and pick up one plugin each month for $15 or $25 after voucher.

Yes, I've used vouchers very month for over a year now.  Not sure what I spent to get here but I'm now on the $50 voucher plan (which I mentieond in another thread feels like a major downgrade)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yes, I've used vouchers very month for over a year now.  Not sure what I spent to get here but I'm now on the $50 voucher plan (which I mentieond in another thread feels like a major downgrade)

I agree. I have been know to offer to trade my $50 voucher for a $25 one.

26 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I need to get to the point of passing on these "amazing" deals.  It's east on Waves stuff since I don't like their licensing.  I have everything IK, Kilohearts, Melda.  I never really get to far in anything to actually use any of this stuff.  No reason to add any synths since I have all of the popular stuff.   These remarks are always a resounding gong that hopefully open my ears one day.  It seems something like a car repair brings a hint of perspective but even that is temporary.