Head In A Basket - Mix Critiques Welcome!

Myriad Rocker

Alright, another mix for you guys to tell me everything I'm doing wrong.  LOL  I won't post any more than two mixes close to the top at a time, I think.  I don't want to be "that guy".

I hope you enjoy this one.  It's not for everyone and it's quite a bit different style wise than the other one I have up.  I'm open to any comments you have about how I could improve the mix.  Appreciate you all!

UPDATED MIX:

Edited by Myriad Rocker
Posting latest mix
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jack c. said:

alright i'm banging me head as i write this.great.what vst plugin used for guitar sounds and amp?jack c.

Thanks, Jack!  Unfortunately those aren't plugins for the guitars.  I wish I would have kept some notes but the cab was a Mesa Standard Recto cab w/V30's with an Audix i5 and an SM7b just off center of the dust cap right up on the grill.  Those went into a Great River MP2NV then into a Fireface 800.  The amps are one of or a blend of a Mesa Dual Rec, Peavey JSX, Soldano Hot Rod, JCM800, or a custom built tube amp from a local builder.  We had some Fenders kicking around as well, but I doubt those were used on this song.

I know that doesn't help much, unfortunately.  But it's all real amps minus the bass.  That was direct into a Great River MP2NV (I think) and has a Sansamp plugin on it to give it some dirt in parallel.

The guitars have also had their dose of EQ and what not.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 8:42 AM, Myriad Rocker said:

But it's all real amps minus the bass.  That was direct into a Great River MP2NV (I think) and has a Sansamp plugin on it to give it some dirt in parallel.

The bass is lacking on my Sennheiser HD600s

17 hours ago, Bapu said:

The bass is lacking on my Sennheiser HD600s

11 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Good track - I personally would want the vocals a little further up in the mix  - also I am missing the Bass!!

Cool

Nigel

Two comments about the bass.  I did my first car mix eval last night and came back with quite a bit of notes.  I would probably agree here.  There's a punch missing and I found the mix quite fatiguing to listen to.  I have a lot of notes.  Unfortunately I left that listening session feeling pretty defeated and angry.