Audio Dropout When Played

Nugget

Question

So, I have been using cakewalk for a while now. Throughout my time, I have seen many problems. But today, for no reason, every time I play my song, a dropout happens. It is code 11.

I have looked everywhere trying to fix it. I've changed drivers, I've restarted the project multiple times.

I have no idea what to do, and it is quite frustrating.

12 answers to this question

Even more info. In the past whenever I want to record it shows up with "Unable to create new audio file" also, when bouncing clips it says, "An internal error has occurred"

I have turned down the caching and it has done almost nothing.

12 hours ago, Nugget said:

Even more info. In the past whenever I want to record it shows up with "Unable to create new audio file" also, when bouncing clips it says, "An internal error has occurred"

I have turned down the caching and it has done almost nothing.

This is going to be tedious on another level. 

Delete your plugins one-by-one and save the project to check for any compatibilities issue with any third party Vst or VSTi. 

If it doesn't solve your dropouts, you can always attach a mini dump file here for management to check. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Ok, even more information.

I have opened up a new track and it plays perfectly. I am not sure what I do to make the track not play though.

The irony with this is: Only realizing  now that, right after giving you advice - the samething happened to me. Definitely some Voodoo things going on here. 😅 

Probably a bug. 

If this was true this forum would have thousands of posts. Obviously it’s only certain plug ins some of you are using that are misbehaving. You need to find them and then report this to Cakewalk so they can sort it out. 
And hopefully all involved in this thread are using ASIO audio interfaces and have optimized things properly

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

I don't know how, but this problem is still happening.

I have gotten rid of every single vst folder and nothing is changing.

also, i have tried completly deleting cakewalk and reinstalling, but it keeps all of the features.