keyboard recorded into 2 tracks

mapuchu

I would send simultaneously low-notes of the  keyboard (Launchkey 37) into a track and high-notes into another track .

I can record my keyboard into 2 tracks but each track record all the notes.

I would like track one recording the low-half of keyboard and tracks two recording the high-half.

I can't figure out how to do that.

I would apreciate very much any help

I don't think that you can do this very easily  - You may just have to manually split them manually after you have played them in. 

I suppose if you have a midi keyboard that allowed some sort of split where one zone was on a certain channel and zone 2 on another..that would work in theory but it may need some looking into ☺️

- Record to 2 tracks (or record to one and drag copy)
- Add Cakewalk MFX Event Filter to recorded clips' *clip* FX bins
- Edit Event Filters to taste
- Bounce to clip

I'd suggest setting up presets - either track templates or Event Filter presets

• Great Idea 2

What you'll need to do is go into the Launchkey's settings and find where it lets you assign different MIDI channels to the lower and upper portions. Any MIDI controller that supports splits should have that capability. You know what they say: when all else fails, read the manual.

• Like 2

Ah! but there’s the difference between those that have to ask questions on forums and those that answer questions on forums. 
Sorry it’s not meant to belittle the op or anyone else but it did just sort of came on like a light 💡 

The internet has most certainly changed the way we learn. Almost everything has a YouTube somewhere out there. 

A quick look taught me that by default the keyboard sends on ch1 and the pads on ch10. Couldn’t find anything about splitting but I refuse to read the manual 😬

Edited by John Vere
  • Haha 1

To be fair, you have to first be familiar with the concept of assigning different MIDI channels to key splits before you can even begin to look it up in the manual. In any endeavor, knowing what can be done is 90% of the process; figuring out how to do it is the easy part. 

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

The internet has most certainly changed the way we learn. Almost everything has a YouTube somewhere out there. 

Kinda the same concept....

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

To be fair, you have to first be familiar with the concept of assigning different MIDI channels to key splits before you can even begin to look it up in the manual. In any endeavor, knowing what can be done is 90% of the process; figuring out how to do it is the easy part. 

I hear you. 

That's a valid point. However, I come from a world where you are expected to do some basic research first before asking questions.

If I want to figure out how to do something, my FIRST stop is the documentation....

4 minutes ago, bdickens said:

basic research

But - Isn't asking questions the basic research? 😂 We first ask questions, before doing research.  

Soliloquy: Darnit! What is 1+1 again (asking the question) Let me check my text book (doing the research.) 😂😂

31 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

But - Isn't asking questions the basic research? 😂 We first ask questions, before doing research.  

Soliloquy: Darnit! What is 1+1 again (asking the question) Let me check my text book (doing the research.) 😂😂

I was responding to Bit's comment "...when all else fails, read the manual."

Again: in the world I come from, those who are really good, who really know what they are doing look at the manual first. Before they've beaten their heads against the wall for hours.

The OP's question is a bit more advanced than the usual "why can't I hear my MIDI sounds" thing that crops up periodically. Maybe it is covered in the documentation. Maybe it isn't.

I get that sometimes the documentation can be confusing, have stuff missing or just plain suck (I'm looking at you, Ford. You and your colored drawings with NO explanatory text). I also get that someone might be new to this and not have the vocabulary to make an effective search and that's cool. Ask away.

Again, I was responding to Bit's comment. I know what he was saying and I'm certain he knows what I was saying.

14 minutes ago, bdickens said:

I was responding to Bit's comment "...when all else fails, read the manual."

Again: in the world I come from, those who are really good, who really know what they are doing look at the manual first. Before they've beaten their heads against the wall for hours.

The OP's question is a bit more advanced than the usual "why can't I hear my MIDI sounds" thing that crops up periodically. Maybe it is covered in the documentation. Maybe it isn't.

I get that sometimes the documentation can be confusing, have stuff missing or just plain suck (I'm looking at you, Ford. You and your colored drawings with NO explanatory text). I also get that someone might be new to this and not have the vocabulary to make an effective search and that's cool. Ask away.

Again, I was responding to Bit's comment. I know what he was saying and I'm certain he knows what I was saying.

I was trying to make a joke. 😂

Edited by Will_Kaydo