Copy Track Settings To Existing Track

I have a vocal track that has my plugins set and tweaked to my liking. I have recorded another track without any plugins. Is there a quick way to copy plugin settings from one track and then drop them to another?

Right now I'm doing it dirty by copying the original track without audio and then dragging my other audio to it but this is not efficient. 

Thank you.

You can duplicate the track (Duplicate Track) and then move the events/waves to the new track. Likely easier than a chain but you can create a "chain" (bundle of plugins) and save it in a preset. I do this a lot on sounds I want to use again.

Save the settings of each effect in a preset.

On the track with the effects, right click on the FX window title bar and select Save FX Rack as an FX Chain. Give it name and save.

In the new track, right click on the FX title bar and select Insert FX Chain Preset. Pick the one you save and it will load that chain (group of plugins.) You will get a single label with all of the plugins inside.

You can expand it back to the list by right clicking and Select Extract FX Chain Plugins.

Reload the presets for each plugin. There might be a way to do both the presets and chain at the save time but I haven't found it. I use the Duplicate Track methods and copy the events into it.

Read the manual regarding FX Chains. https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Terry Kelley said:

On the track with the effects, right click on the FX window title bar and select Save FX Rack as an FX Chain. Give it name and save.

In the new track, right click on the FX title bar and select Insert FX Chain Preset. Pick the one you save and it will load that chain (group of plugins.) You will get a single label with all of the plugins inside.

You can expand it back to the list by right clicking and Select Extract FX Chain Plugins.

Terry, 

Thank you so much! I can't believe I've been wasting so much time resetting vocals all these years. You are going to save me hours from this one tip.