Lag issues ever since August 6th update

Paegr

Ever since installing the August 6th update, I have severe lag issues to the point where the DAW is no longer functional. I attempted a clean install, which did not result in change. I'm assuming it's a specific problem with my system and the update, since I have not seen anyone else mention this.

Is there a way to download outdated versions of Cakewalk? Ideally the version directly before the August 6th update. I want to see if that changes anything.

Using the rollback installer for that version produces this error message. It says that it requires version 2021.06, while Cakewalk itself is at 2021.06.

EDIT: Each link in the release thread leads to the same rollback installer, which has the same results each time.

version screen.PNG

installer error.PNG

Edited by Paegr

Before you do this, be sure to check and make sure that the Windows update that rolled out around the same time isn't responsible.

I just went through a system reset, and was getting a nasty latency spike in my network card driver, which Microsoft loves to "update." The one that Dell puts up on their website cures the problem. Samesies for video drivers, etc. And they love to reset Defender anti-malware to scan everything at all times.

So make sure that any optimizations you did to your system didn't get reset by Microsoft.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1