Copy and paste issue

dahjah

i"m copying backup vocals and pasting them into areas from near the end of the track to the front of the track. I'm copying 8 phrases at once and pasting them into the needed area. When I click paste, down where I got the phrases from has now been filled with all kinds of backup vocal data and I have no idea where this is coming from to do this.

This is since latest update. It makes working on this song almost impossible. Hopefully you can see what's going on by the screenshots. I started with---and you'll see the backup vocals nicely set and then I copy and paste and then the spot that was good is now full of audio data (from the same backup vocals)

in the 1st pic vocals nicely cleaned up in place and the last pic all this audio data as if i did no editing at all.

Screenshot 2019-04-22 21.12.26.png

Screenshot 2019-04-22 21.24.50.png

Screenshot 2019-04-22 21.20.28.png

Screenshot 2019-04-22 21.21.06.png

Edited by dahjah

Another thing pretty much since bandlab took over, when copying and pasting with the VS 700C you used to be able to just click copy and paste where you wanted on the fly (while the track was playing)

Now when you click paste this stupid window pops up before i can complete the pasting task. This is the same message in the above post i just made bigger so it can be seen better.

copynpaste.jpg

dahjah,

I just Ctrl+c these days to avoid the message. I must admit though that I try to avoid copying and pasting as much as possible as the clip never goes really where I want it to. I just want to be able to paste a clip into a take lane and, well, just that. i wish there was a peasy way to do it accurately but Sonar has always been quirky with this function. Still love the app after all these years.

I have asked the mrs to put my latest CwB version and my Youtube channel on my tombstone so that future generations will be able to look back and smile (or giggle).