How to program ACT to Record without Shift button?

ManuelGuerrero

I am building a Surface Controller based on Arduino. I want to start recording pressing one single button, not two, but at the ACT learn mode the Record function is always set as "Shift + B3". How can I activate the Record function without shift; with one single CC?

Having to simultaneously press two buttons to record is a thing of the past, since it was a disaster to accidentally over-write a tape. But it doesn't make sense with a DAW. I always use the shortcut "R " at the computer keyboard, and I want to use one single button at the Surface Controller or at the MIDI pedalboard

Edited by ManuelGuerrero

ACT plug-in supports fixed number of conrols, 8 faders, 8 knobs and 8+1 buttons. So in the configuration there are 16 slots for buttons, 8 without shift and 8 with shift. What each control does is freely configurable, so you can assign Record to "B3" (without shift). BTW the documentation describes all that in details.

If your controller is going to have feedback (LEDs, display, motorized faders) and/or has more then 8+8+8 controls, you better switch to AZ Controller right at the beginning. ACT and Generic Surface do not support feedback. The only alternative is mimic Mackie and use corresponding plug-in.