[SOLVED] PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 disappeared (after Win update)

Bapu

This has happened to me a number of times on my non-DAW machine. Usually after a Windows update.

Typically I just reinstall the drivers and Universal Control app and the device shows up. Not this time. The device does not show up in Device Manager. I've tried to unplug the USB cable and re-plug it in to no avail. NOTE: If I have my headphones plugged in and on an unplug and plug back in I'm given an audible 'pop' in the phones (like when you plug in a guitar to powered on amp).

Current Win 10 Pro is 21H1 build 19043.1165.  

When I open up Universal Control all I see is:
image.png.9474e42cb57b949e254609120f19eb8c.png

When I check for updates I'm told I am up to date.

Any ideas on what I can try to restore the device?

Edited by Bapu

Check the Device Manager USB section.  See if there is an unknown or unidentified device listed.  If there is, chances are its the Presonus, uninstall it in the device manager then disconnect the device, restart Windows and reconnect.  Many times this fixes problems of this sort.

20 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

you’ve prolly tried all this but Can you try it on a different pc or laptop ? In a different USB socket ? i see you’re on the latest W10 update 21H1 - do the Presonus drivers actually support it ? 

Good luck !

J

8 hours ago, Jack Stoner said:

Check the Device Manager USB section.  See if there is an unknown or unidentified device listed.  If there is, chances are its the Presonus, uninstall it in the device manager then disconnect the device, restart Windows and reconnect.  Many times this fixes problems of this sort.

Thx guys, problem solved.