Coffee house pod?

Gswitz

For years I've posted MP3s to a Microsoft Azure Blobspace.

Costs maybe $1-$2 per month if I had to pay for it which I don't because I get it free with an MSDN subscription for work which is like 'please learn to use Microsoft stuff' thing.

Anyway, anyone can create one of these accounts and share their music with the internet that way. It's easy and you control it.

I did the same for our church because they were asking me how to make their sermons less than 10 MB because that was all they could post to their web site. So I just set up a blob for them and they link to the blob from their website.

Next, I get the idea to make an RSS file for their MP3s so they could be submitted to Google Play and iTunes for podcasts.

This works. I'm totally surprised. It's not a hard thing to do.

Anyway, it occurs to me that we all record a lot of music and it wouldn't be that hard to set one up for the forum.

The music we post would have to be original and if we get any copyright claims we'd just pull it.

@Bapu, what do you think?

For those hopefuls, I don't think there's any money in this. 🙂

It wouldn't be that much different from the songs forum, but when you get in your car to go to work, you'd be able to just bring it up on your car stereo and give it a listen (for those who can listen to podcasts in their car).

Right now, I'm thinking I'd be a bottleneck. People would send me their songs and I'd post them (or cut them).

Edited by Gswitz