Midi track to control an external digital mixer

Fabio Barinotti

Hi everyone,

I'm Italian and I apologize in advance for any translation errors, in which case I hope you understand me anyway.

I would like to create a MIDI track to drive an external digital mixer.

More specifically I would like to create a MIDI fade-in with the CCs that will have to make the master faders of the digital mixer rise gradually and very slowly (for example like the beginning of "Shine on you crazy diamond" by Pink Floyd).
Is there a way to speed this up instead of manually creating each individual CC?

Thanks in advance

Fabio

Edited by Fabio Barinotti

• 9 months later...

Sorry, I have to "resurrect" this topic. ☺️
The question is the same but with some small variations.
I have to drive a behringer xr18 by MIDI messages.
Mute on and mute off of some channels at certain points of a song sent by a sequencer.
The xr18 requires some MIDI CCs which are not present in the standard CCs provided by Bandlab Cakewalk (version 2022.02).
Is it possible to have full control of the MIDI editor, so that I can manually enter the MIDI channel, the number of the CC I am interested in and the value of the CC I want and then move it to the time point I am interested in?

The Value drop downs in both the MIDI Envelop dialog in the track view and MIDI Event Type dialog in the PRV accept direct entry of values.

Also, the drop down list may be extended by modifying the [Standard] section under ".Controller Names" in "%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Master.ins". The Master.ins is a text file which may be updated using any text editor.

24 minutes ago, Fabio Barinotti said:

Is it possible to have full control of the MIDI editor, so that I can manually enter the MIDI channel, the number of the CC I am interested in and the value of the CC I want and then move it to the time point I am interested in?

This can be done in either the Piano Roll View or the Event List.  All 128 MIDI CCs can be entered and edited in CbB. In the PRV controller pane just click the + (Add) button and type the controller number if it;s not in the pick list. In the Event List, just hit Enter to duplicate the current event and double-click fields to change their values, starting with Kind = Controller. See the Ref. Guide for more detail, and post a new thread if you have more specific questions.

Edited by David Baay