East West Play e fast bounce track (or 64 bit Engine) don't work together

Maurizio

Hi, after last updates I inform you that I have a problem about fast bounce to tracks when using the East West VST Play. If I use the bounce function not fast, the audio track produced has not problems, instead if I use the fast bounce, the audio track produced is not right. Otherwise, if I use fast bounce track AND 64 bit Engine the track is wrong. Anybody has the same problem?

Thank you.

Maurizio

I have experienced similar problems in the past with various instruments. Not with EW Play, as that hasn't been part of my toolkit for a very long time. But it's not necessarily specific to any one instrument. It's a speed issue with streaming buffers and/or disk I/O (e.g. if you're short on RAM). Unfortunately it's probably not something a DAW can address. If Play has an option similar to Kontakt's preload buffer size setting, that might help (depends on whether the issue is slow disk I/O or too-little RAM).

Easiest solution: turn off 64-bit processing.

Trust me, you will not be able to hear any difference. But you'll be using half the memory. There are some instruments that just don't like fast bounce, but having to wait on a real-time bounce is annoying. Fortunately, in your case 32-bit processing apparently gives your system enough of a breather to mitigate the symptoms, so that's a better solution.

Which one is the setting exactly in Play, is there anything related on the tabs? I see one in the menu on the left that's always checked when I load a new instrument and never get saved i.e. I turn it off but the next time I will load the instrument it will go back on.