Mix help -wood bass, brushes, harp.

Michael Fogarty

Michael, given where my ears are at these days I'm reluctant to give the

11 hours ago, Michael Fogarty said:

Specific frequencies and db

you're asking for.
I did enjoy the listen and it seemed balanced here on the DT-990's.
And I find them to be pretty "honest" cans; so there's that...
HTH,

t

and you left me "hanging" waiting for that final "resolution" on the last note (that never came); well done on that!

Edited by DeeringAmps

10 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Michael, given where my ears are at these days I'm reluctant to give the

you're asking for.
I did enjoy the listen and it seemed balanced here on the DT-990's.
And I find them to be pretty "honest" cans; so there's that...
HTH,

t

and you left me "hanging" waiting for that final "resolution" on the last note (that never came); well done on that!

been hearing a lot about these cans recently. Scared to look at the price. I have multiple sets of monitors but only one medium quality set of AKG cans. I’ll check them out.

• Like 1

Michael I have had a little play with this in Soundforge 15 using Cakewalks LP EQ to me it benefits from a little lift in the 2k to 3K. As SPAN reveal quite a dip in that region.

I did enjoy the composition and overall vibe of the track.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 8:09 PM, Michael Fogarty said:

been hearing a lot about these cans recently

I don't "mix" on the 990's, I don't have speakers in the office (well proper Near Field Monitors).
I use DT770's (closed back) in the studio when tracking someone else, (my CR and Vocal booth are not "isolated" from each other)
they have the Sony (can't remember the model) cans with the retro fitted "cuffs" that look like the
ones worn at the airport. Total isolation, no backing track gets into the vocal or instrument mics...

t

On 8/14/2021 at 10:40 PM, mark skinner said:

Michael , I Really liked the walking bass , it sounded Great.  I did think the piano could be a little brighter and less quantized.  Overall Very good composition .  Enjoyed it ..    mark

Hey there. That is a real harp played in real time with no adjustments. She will be flattered you said less quantized. Guess her timing is pretty good. 

• Like 1

Yeah , I thought for sure it was an E piano. I guess I missed "harp" in the main thread title. Even more impressive now.  I've never known a Real harp player.  Maybe the EQ boost on the harp Wookie mentioned would help.           She's a human metronome ..          mark

Edited by mark skinner

On 8/14/2021 at 11:02 PM, Wookiee said:

Michael I have had a little play with this in Soundforge 15 using Cakewalks LP EQ to me it benefits from a little lift in the 2k to 3K. As SPAN reveal quite a dip in that region.

I did enjoy the composition and overall vibe of the track.

thank you. Will check it out.