DX EFFECTS MISSING IN CAKEWALK LATEST VERSION

IIRC doing a VST rescan won't do anything with DX plugins.  DX plugins are registered as COM objects in the registry, and they're registered by the installer at install time.

There's two ways to get them registered again:

1. Uninstall CbB and re-install it (this shouldn't affect your registry settings);  OR

2. Manually locate the VST plugins and re-register them yourself.

For (2), you'll need to fire up a command prompt as administrator and use regsvr32 for each DX plugin, e.g.:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins\SonitusFXEqualizer.dll"

It's important that you give the full path to the plugin dll.

I find the easiest way to run a command prompt as admin is to create a new shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe, then right click on the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator"

[EDIT] - you can also remove unwanted DX plugins by using the -u parameter, e.g. the following will remove the sonitus equalizer:

regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins\SonitusFXEqualizer.dll"

• Thanks 1

To lazy to look it up but don't  Sonitus get installed via CCC and when you install Splat? Or was it X3?  The OP could just run the Splat or X3 installer.  I know there's a danger of messing up CbB but I did this on one computer and nothing terrible seemed to happen. 

And yes in support of Sonitus I still use the Delay. It is so far the only one I can get to sync to tempo in a way I understand. It's on every rock or country song I think I've recorded.