Izotope Offer on Production Suite Pro

cclarry

12 hours ago, abacab said:

Yep. One user quitting should teach them the error of their ways!

Like I ditched Netflix last year after over 10 years as a loyal subscriber, and have never received even a single email offer to re-subscribe!

This.

Netflix don't care. They picked up so much extra revenue in the last year or so that losing a few who object to their blatant display of greed is neither here nor there to them. That said, in a way it's preferable to the sky tv approach. When I ditched that,  for several months after I was getting new offers every week to resub. This ended up at 68% less than I was paying before the price increase if I committed to a 12 month contract, but their attitude at the time I ditched them had rubbed me up the wrong way so much that I wouldn't have taken it for nothing by then. In short, they pretty much acted like I actually couldn't stop paying without their permission to do so and if I did then the subscription would still be charged every month anyway and refusal to pay could result in legal action. By this point I was already 20+ years past the end of the 12 month agreement I actually signed up for, so the forum rozzer friendly version of my reply to that had been.....well, good luck with that endeavour. 😀

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 10:17 AM, Grem said:

But $199 to upgrade every year? Nah.

This has been their model for years though. Unfortunately, those who jumped in at some point with MPB/MPS were suddenly seeing what was offered with the next upgrade as lackluster... one or two products upgraded each year, then paying again for something they have already. Throwing in things that not everyone may want is only going to entice so many.

So many digital products have matured to the level that grabbing the last version before they went subscription will suffice for most people. If someone is using for business and pulling in enough revenue that the percentage of upkeep is tolerable, then it may have merit.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, mettelus said:

So many digital products have matured

Yep. And I was content getting that "Latest/Greatest" version when it went on sale for below $150.

It seems that devs kinda went for the "Who can go the lowest" and now want to "All go back to regular price before we all go broke!"

If Izotope goes full sub without offering me updates to products I own, I will find an alternative.

Now Izotope does have a good idea in that when you stop the sub, you still have a product to use (with limitations). Which reminds me of Waves; If you don't WUP, you still have product to use, with it's only limitation being no new updated features. Other subs, (talking to you PA), when you quit the sub, your out. Nothing!!

So I may end up getting in on some sub at some point. I mean I did WUP recently to v12. But when I do go with a sub, I will choose one where I keep something in the deal so that I am not tied to the sub forever!! 

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

Other subs, (talking to you PA), when you quit the sub, your out. Nothing!!

True - but don't forget that unlike other subs, you get back a voucher of equal value to pick up your favourites (ideally during a sale).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes I did forget the voucher. And you can use it, unlike other vouchers (talking to ya'll Waves and NI)

I’ve had komplete since it first came out. Every upgrade they’ve given me a $25 evoucher I have never been able to use.  Calculating roughly plus vouchers from other purchases it’s about $400-$500 in fake monopoly money :)

• Haha 2

So after contacting Izotope, they were able to create a link for me to get the subscription for $49 first year. It's a risk if it's worth it in the longer run, but I went ahead and took the plunge. I use their products on every project extensively--would love the new features, and the first year deal is great, including groove 3 pass (which I have yet to try out). So once I get updated with all the latest versions, etc. I'll have an idea if I made the right decision. If not, I guess by next year I'll know if some other suite of tools (like Fabfilter, Universal Audio, Waves) would be as good or better to switch too. Wish me luck into the dark side of subscription software membership....(shuddering)...

• Like 1