Izotope Offer on Production Suite Pro

cclarry

I didn't get this offer...yet,...but if I do, I'm going there. Yes, subscriptions are a difficult pill to swallow when one has always "purchased" software, but on the other hand, we do upgrade regularly, and that costs $$$$, too. I used to feel the same about "owning" digital music, now I subscribe to Apple Music, for example. Convenience has its cost, I guess. The world is changing fast,  and this is the model that is catching on everywhere with businesses and the music business is not immune to it. So philosophically and psychologically it's a shift, but I'm gradually being converted to a subscription person. So be it, if you can't beat em...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cclarry said:

I just recived a personal offer of $49 for a full year, and that include a 1 year Groove 3 pass!

Through August 31, you can get the first year of Music Production Suite Pro for only $49*, and get a full year of new features and enhancements across many of our most popular products including Ozone and RX. In addition, you get access to the exclusive members-only Control Room—a library of content designed to make you a better producer or mixer, constantly updated with new educational videos, samples and presets, and exclusive live events from renowned producers and engineers.

Music Production Suite Pro is packed with latest and greatest from iZotope including:

Ozone Pro for mastering 

RX Pro for Music for repair 

Nectar Pro for vocals 

Melodyne 5 essential for pitch correction

Neutron Pro for mixing 

Neoverb Pro for reverb

VocalSynth Pro for creative effects 

Tonal Balance Control Pro for translating mixes and masters

Insight Pro for metering and delivery 

Over 43 plug-ins and applications and counting

50+ educational videos and growing

Exclusive third-party partner offers 

12-month Groove3 All-Access Pass ($150 value)

*You will get Music Production Suite Pro for $49 for the first year. Your renewal price after the first year will be $199.90/year. If you choose to cancel after the first year, your projects will be preserved with the last settings you made. While you won't be able to edit the settings, the processing will be applied so that your projects still sound the same. All prices and offers are subject to change.

Check your emails!

and I own most of their products, have upgraded frequently....wonder why I don't have that offer....got an email from izotope today, the only "deal" was to purchase the Music Production Suite 4 for $149.00. Not. 

9 minutes ago, Dave Maffris said:

and I own most of their products, have upgraded frequently....wonder why I don't have that offer....got an email from izotope today, the only "deal" was to purchase the Music Production Suite 4 for $149.00. Not. 

Edit: I guess you need to be signed in for that link to work.

Try this: https://store.izotope.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=izotope&id=ThreePgCheckoutShoppingCartPage&utm_campaign=2021.08+MPSP+Loyalty+Pricing&utm_content=MPS4+A&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ACS&utm_term=Aug+11

Edited by bluzdog

1 hour ago, Dave Maffris said:

I don't get those emails either. I had to get on their chat to have them send me the offer last time.

I don't think iZotope is going to fully go sub any time soon. It's being added as a purchase option (just like bundles instead of individual products), which might make sense to businesses, and also in certain other scenarios. It wouldn't make sense for them to say sub is the only way to go. The successful subs stories are from companies that pretty much own the professional market (e.g. Adobe, MS Office); as mentioned above, there are plenty of alternatives to iZotope's plugins if you really wanted to abandon them (and you could probably pick up many in IK's current group buy). PA make excellent mixing/mastering plugins too, and they're not going the sub-only route.

49 minutes ago, Joakim said:

A long thread over at gearspace indicates that new features will be exclusive to sub-versions only going forward. This means all perpetual licenses effectively  just  became abandonware, unless they change the policy.

I admit I didn't read all of it, but I did see a comment near the end from someone who said they'd asked iZotope support whether they could buy a perpetual for the new features in Ozone and Nectar Pro, and that the response was that they were sub-only. However, that could actually mean:

• They never plan to release a perpetual version of those products again, or
  • These features are currently sub-only, but will appear in the next major release (e.g. Ozone 10), coming in a year or two's time. However, at this point in time, sub is the only way to get those features.

I have no connection to iZotope and I have no idea which it actually means. However, here is a comparison chart from their FAQ

image.png.182d6d63c99bcab817f001988ba898e8.png

Yes, the text does say "Pro" products will be receiving additional features and exclusive content over time, but also note the * at the bottom, implying that a successor to Ozone 9 Advanced will be released.

11 minutes ago, abacab said:

I got a great deal  direct from iZotope for an MPS 4 (crossgrade?) purchase, no subscription, that also included one year of Groove3. All I had previously was a collection of the various iZotope Elements products, and no MPS.

How much Abacab?

5 hours ago, antler said:

The successful subs stories are from companies that pretty much own the professional market (e.g. Adobe, MS Office)

I can't see one there.

The successful SAS story of Adobe is the appearance of Serif's Affinity Photo as a good alternative of PS/LR, Illustrator still has a good alternative in Corel Draw and Acrobat Pro has one time purchase option, because there are literally tens of other PDF editors and OCR software around. The innovation around PS ended with the introduction of their SAS model.

Office 365 is not that of a success story (Microsoft Windows is the success story of Microsoft, Office has many viable alternatives therefor it still has one time purchase option) and iZotope is too niche to dream of becoming the next SAS giant. The successful subs stories I think are mostly linked to NY Times, WaPo and Netflix. Of course there still are enough people jumping on the subscription train, giving lifeline to parasitic corporations. Everyone's free to spend their hard earned money how they like.

4 hours ago, abacab said:

$299... Loyalty offers...

So if you figure a year of Groove 3 is worth $99, then I got the entire MPS 4 for $199. :)

For me they are offering me MPS4 upgrade for $149.  The only issue is I’ve owned it for almost a year hahah.  Their loyalty offers have never made any sense.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

Their loyalty offers have never made any sense.

Yep. Earlier this year I was offered a "loyalty" upgrade to Ozone 9 for whatever price.....

I already have 09A.

If only Izotope could implement some kind of account system whereby users have to register their licences with them and that way they would know exactly which products customers already had............. Oh wait....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TerraSin said:

I don't get those emails either. I had to get on their chat to have them send me the offer last time.

I get plenty of emails from them, but not this one, which ironically is one of the few I would actually jump on. I'll try the chat, thanks! 

2 hours ago, Dave Maffris said:

I get plenty of emails from them, but not this one, which ironically is one of the few I would actually jump on. I'll try the chat, thanks! 

I got a bunch of others as well after I went through my email that day. Nothing about the subscription though. I own pretty much all their stuff as well. 😕

I contacted Izotope today, and while they had no immediate answer for me, they said they would see about it on Monday--apparently they use an algorithm to send out the offers, and there could be a glitch and users who should have been targeted for this offer were not. We'll see. Too bad for them, I am a loyal customer, and now I wouldn't purchase this at $149 under any circumstances, so frankly they may have lost a sale and future full-price subscription. I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and make the offer to me--it's bad customer relations to put me off with a "maybe Monday" answer. This company is based in my former home State, too! Geez. Anyway..maybe it's time I switched to Fabfilter plug ins, which everyone raves about. Just for spite.

Edited by Dave Maffris

2 hours ago, Dave Maffris said:

Anyway..maybe it's time I switched to Fabfilter plug ins, which everyone raves about. Just for spite.

Yep. One user quitting should teach them the error of their ways!

Like I ditched Netflix last year after over 10 years as a loyal subscriber, and have never received even a single email offer to re-subscribe!