My 'office'

Notes_Norton

22 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

The new one looks like a nice easy load-in!

It's the eased load-in/pack out gig we ever had. We do this one at least once a month in the summer and at least twice a month in the winter.

The RV park has 900 sites, and in the winter 600 of them are filled with French Canadians, and these people like to party. We play from 6 to 9 PM and at 9 they aren't ready to go home. Park rules say quiet time is at 10PM so we are often bribed to play another hour.

After the year off due to COVID, it'll be good to be back.

Here is one we did for 12 running years before COVID. I think we are going to move the party to another outdoor venue. The new owners are not too enthusiastic about having more than a single guitarist, and the new club is actually offering more money.

x_Jim_water_Mary_Jane_Clark.jpg

The Navy SEALS were born here in Ft. Pierce, and this is the original guard house. It's historic.

All the stuff on the wall behind us was left by SEALS who come here every year for their annual muster. It's always an honor to perform for them

x_lil_jim_2_Vern_&_Vicki_Webb.jpg

I love my job.

Notes

4 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

You Offices look pretty relaxing . The new one looks like you can make a fast getaway if you had to. 

At your old office when people didn't tip for song requests did you make them walk the plank ? 

Kenny

Aaarrrrggggh. "Shiver me timbers, leave a tip or it's Davy Jones' Locker for ye!"

Notes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 57Gregy said:

Nice place to work.
Where do you take your breaks?

The marina has an office where the dockmaster manages the boat slips. It has telephones, computers, copy machines, desks, and a lot of paperwork hanging around. It gets us out of our tropical environment.  ;)

Actually, we schmooze.  Our regular audience members are like extended family to us. Some of them have been coming to see us for decades and we enjoy their company.

Notes