Can anyone explain the mapping in Superior Drummer?

Keni

Thanks again scook!

Didn't think to go that route.

Oops. I forgot. I was really looking for any info that might explain why the selected the default map they have is what it is. I do know I can remap, but I’m looking to see if there’s some benefit/reason to their default choices.

Edited by Keni

If you use preset grooves, check out SD3 grooves before changing the mapping.  Within SD3, the mapping can be changed to map to many of the most popular drum VSTs available, so you're not stuck with one map.  I often use SD3 mapped to my AD2 grooves which vastly increases my library of beats.  If you roll your own, then have at it!

Hi Gang...

Just thought I'd note that learning is a great thing. I seriously didn't think I was going to need so many things in the process of adding SupD3 to my pallete.

But I am learning. Here again I get confounded expecting "perfect samples" and kits simply assemblies of such, but instead, it's a toolbox to handle the myriad of issues typically faced with recording drums and virtual drum use. If I was used to simply using it as a stereo output/instrument, I might not likely have needed to lean all this so fast, but I am what I am....

That said, the lack of perfected drums having been recorded/sampled, stripping a kit of all adjustments leaves a ton of work (it seems) just to get the chosen drum kit to my expected result. There are many reasons/uses for either system. I'm not debating that.

Good find though. Now that I have my kit more specifically built. I found I can enable SupD3's MIDI input mapping so that it re-maps any AD2 input (recorded or live) and triggers the appropriate SupD3 equivalent. Not sure yet how it handles the loads of additionally available sounds in the kit, but it made it easy for me to sway SupD3 for Previously written AD2 simply loading the correct map! Wonderful!