Silent buses

tonyc

Hello there ,so ive bin having few problems with cakewalk bandlab when i record using soft synth and audio imputs the cw stop responding needless to say that i lost all my work and i am unable to open  the application unless i restart my pc then once i reopen cw a message cames up the there is no audio and a silent buses are detected, im using roland quad capture for interface ,window 10 and im using native instrument for synth....any idea??

This really sounds like a flakey hardware connection or problem with your interface.  Maybe try to change what port your Quad Capture is plugged into (it is USB right?).

Silent busses mean that they are not routed to an actual hardware output.  When you get this message check your routing and see if your Quad Capture is showing up or if the project has reverted to some other audio output.

17 hours ago, tonyc said:

stop responding

If Cakewalk has stopped responding and you have to force a shutdown or otherwise quit out of Cakewalk, sometimes the Cakewalk application is still running. Please check the Task Manager to ensure that Cakewalk has been completely closed down and then try restarting it again. When this happens it still has its hands on the audio driver and will not release it until fully shut down.

Edited by synkrotron
  • Like 1

Is there anything else competing for access to the ASIO drivers of your audio interface?  (like is your default Windows audio driver the same ASIO drivers that Cakewalk is expecting to have control over?).

Are there any detected errors visible in the Windows Event Viewer, that correspond to around the same time stamp as when Cakewalk has stopped responding?

Is your Quad-Capture possibly plugged into a USB 3 port, and freaking out a little?  (I have had interfaces act quite flaky if plugged into USB 3, rather than USB 2).

Bob Bone