Surround reverbs and plugins

Did a little digging and it seems like there is no support for surround reverb plugins in Sonar; in fact it seems there is no support for surround plugins at all. This is unfortunate, since most of my work these days is in creating surround mixes for both music scores and films. So my questions are:

Am I correct in all the above, that there is no support for surround plugins in Sonar?

Is there a roadmap where surround support may be added?

And lastly, assuming I am at a dead end with Sonar and need to make a switch, are there any suggestions for surround compatible programs that are at least somewhat similar to Sonar in terms of workflow and ease of use? I've been using Cakewalk and Sonar since the late 90s. Hate to learn a whole new program right in the middle of a feature film surround mix, but it appears the day has come.

To the powers that be - immersive audio mixes are becoming high demand now that Apple Music is supporting them. Strongly suggest adding this capability.

Thanks all!

13 hours ago, bdickens said:

1: SONAR doesn't exist any more. It was replaced by CbB over three years ago.

2:http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=SurroundMixing.15.html

Yes, I have the latest version from BandLab. Guess I'm still calling it Sonar since it is essentially the same thing.

I knew a little about the Surround Bridge - still seems to me a workaround rather than a true surround reverb. The link helped clarify; thanks!