Plugin List

Bristol_Jonesey

Hi everyone

Does anyone have, or know of, a spreadsheet or other tool which will scan your vst paths for a list of installed plugins, along with their paths, plugin types etc

I know a few years ago Bitflipper created one but I no longer have access to the machine it was copied to, and I'm guessing even if i did. it wouldn't run on CbB?

Thanks

Edited by Bristol_Jonesey

I'm not sure if this will be in a nice enough format for you, but if you run regedit and navigate to this path:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory

You'll see all the plugins listed. Clicking on each plugin will give all of its details.

Also, if you right click on Inventory, and select Export you can open the saved .reg file with notepad and cut/paste/re-format it as required.... just save it as something other than a .reg file after editing it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

Hi Mark

I'll give that a go and see what it comes up with

To give you a bit of background, I've just had a 2nd SSD fitted so I can boot into either Win7 or Win10

At the moment, there is absolutely nothing on the Win10 system and I want it to mirror the Win7 system but also to take the opportunity to tidy up and not install certain 3rd part plugins that I no longer use, mainly freebies

The good thing about it is that all of my huge sample libraries are already on a seaprate HDD which is visible to both systems.

There are a few Cakewalk plugins I need from way back so I'm going to have to dig out my original install discs

The plug-in reports I know of do not scan disks, they read the registry and report what has been scanned.

Bitflipper's program should be available from the link provided in this thread. Unfortunately, he lost the source code when his studio was robbed so, it was not updated for CbB.

I wrote a similar program that supports SONAR and CbB. Like the rest of my tools it is available on my google page.