Help, Time stretching causing audio dropouts.

NokNod

using time stretch at a buffer size of 128 samples is causing glitches and audio dropouts. Is this normal ? Should I bump up the buffer size when stretching audio or is there a setting I can change in the preferences dialog ?

Time streching does take some processing power so it could cause glitches I suppose.  There is an option somewhere for what online (realtime) time streching is used. You could try a different mode to see if it helps. Otherwise, you would need to bounce to clips to bake in the time stretch.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Guerilla Genus said:

Is this normal ?

Not really, but a lot of project-specific content and configuration settings could have a bearing. The first thing to try would be to bypass all FX ('E' on your PC keyboard.) If that doesn't help, I would suggest creating a barebones audio project with a good number of tracks and no FX or synth plugins, enable Autostretch on all the clips, change the tempo 20% in either direction, and see how it plays. If it plays smoothly, you'll have to dig further into the glitching project. If there are problems in the simple project you'll need to share all audio preference settings, and let us know something about the hardware and interface you're running. But even a pretty low-spec machine should be able to handle the simple case. 

• Great Idea 1