i won't fall in love again

thegaltieribrothers

As noted a very pop like song, I do wonder if the HH groove is quite right for the songs groove, just my furry observation.

You do also realise that one day someone will smile at you in that way and that ice around your heart will melt.

• Like 1

For me this had a nice 50's vibe. You might thicken your lead vocal with a very short delay or something? Maybe a bit more variety in the drum programming, the hi hats got a little samey - adding some nice crash cymbals occasionally on the ones, that sort of thing.

Oh yeah I bet you will.

nice one!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Hey Galtiers . . . nice likeable pop song, has a certain innocence to it. I like the vocal (and the harmonies) . . . I'll say when the thicker instrumentation comes in, you might want to pump up that nice round lead vocal, I lost it a bit there. Well done piece, overall a great sound to it, and ha' it sounds like you may fall in love again.

• Like 1

I can imagine this song as the backdrop to a cult romantic film, it's sad and innocent. I liked it a lot. The vocal is stark and haunting and the chorus does a good job of enhancing the emotion of the song.

I think the drums might be a bit too big for their boots, they don't need to have such presence I don't think. Also the backing vocals that come in towards the end could use a drink of reverb/delay and maybe less volume. Apart from that, don't change anything! 

Edited by Dave Oliffe
  • Like 1

Hi Tom/PhonoBrainer,

Thanks for the suggestion about adding occasional crash cymbals, I agree it is a little sparse cymbal wise and will add this to the list when I make the next revision.

Hi Myriad Rocker,

Thanks for the suggestion to use more backing vocals.

Thank you both for listening and commenting it means a lot. 

best wishes

paul

Hi David Sprouse,

Glad you liked the song and thanks for the comparison to Tilbrook and Difford, I am always aiming for that one poignant lyric to make a song worthwhile.

Hi Dave Oliffe,

I like the way you think if you know someone who needs a song for a cult film let me know.

Thank you both for listening and commenting, it means a lot.

best wishes

paul

Edited by thegaltieribrothers