IK Song Writing Contest

cclarry

" . . . original music featuring at least one or more SampleTank instruments . . . ."

"You can use any version of SampleTank, including the free version SampleTank 4 CS . . . ."

So far as I can see, it can be any version of ST, not just ST4 (unless I missed it).

However, it looks like it is only open to people who have a social media account:

"To enter the contest, make a song or clip of any genre using SampleTank and post it to social media using the hashtag #iksampletankcontest."

Not being a social media user, I assume that means Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Anyone know if Bandlab (the App) is considered social media and if public posts there can have hashtags?  Hmmm.  I guess the answer is, "Yes:"

"Hashtags are a great way to search for tunes on BandLab. They are also another good way to make sure people can find your music. You can add hashtags to the project description right before publishing your track. Search for hashtagged songs by typing in the search bar, and then looking through the results under the “Posts” tab. Go ahead, #expressURself!"

. . . or #iksampletankcontest I assume.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

However, it looks like it is only open to people who have a social media account:

Not true. When I looked at the page where you submit the song, it showed that you could link to a YouTube video, etc.

Edited by bdickens
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

30% off that "the new guy" doesn't get, hundreds off TS3 MAX, and other efforts notwithstanding, I suppose.  Or are those covered in the bridge? :)

The next line is "the same 30%, and hundreds off TS3 Max, that the guy who bought 1 Plugin gets!!!" and then the background singers sing.....YEEEEAAAAAHHHH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I know @InstrEd was just fishing for a response, so I guess I shouldn't have taken the bait but I needed to answer a question and let you all know there's one week left.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:59 AM, Craig N said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia I have read the rules posted here https://woobox.com/csz66u/rules but I am still unsure whether the song needs to be comprised solely of Sample Tank instruments, or whether it is sufficient if Sample Tank is used somewhere within the piece?

You can use it anywhere within the piece, it does not need to be solely SampleTank.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:30 AM, cclarry said:

The next line is "the same 30%, and hundreds off TS3 Max, that the guy who bought 1 Plugin gets!!!" and then the background singers sing.....YEEEEAAAAAHHHH!

But they didn't get the "same hundreds" at all.   There were very specific parameters (large purchases of MAX products or TS2 MAX - the latter getting the largest amount off) to get the coupon applied for $100 or $200 off.  And if you buy one plugin, it would have to be damn expensive to get you enough JamPoints for  "the same 30%" off of TS3 MAX Crossgrade at $599.99 -meaning you'd need 180 JamPoints...  I don't know of that "1 Plugin" we sell that costs $3,600 but that's what you'd need to buy to get your 180 JamPoints for 30% off of $599.99.

I guess song lyrics aren't meant to be accurate representations of reality anyway in many cases ;)