It's a D thing

Wookiee

It’s a D thing.

The opening riff is something I realised I frequently play quite unconsciously when auditioning or creating synth voices.

Created using;

Three of Arturia’s Mini V (Mini Moog)
Each one is the same basic voice that has had a little tweak of some kind, filter envelope reduced, different footage oscillators, filter cut off start point changed, Emphasis as Moog call it.

Cherry Audio’s: Eight voice, and their new MemoryMood (Memory Moog) emulation.

Written in D major, because I have a thing for both D and Dm.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, jack c. said:

emerson lake palmer.nice sounds.rick wakeman.nice classical tones.jack c.

I did once have the pleasure of meeting and talking to Rick for sometime when he played a local venue.  He said he would come out with the rest of the band for a meet and chat after the gig for those who might like to meet them all.

We also shook hands perhaps some of his magic rubbed off on me (doubtful). He proved to be very interesting chap, his bass player was a true genius too.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Particularly liked the panning effects - so much to admire in this - very skilfully done in terms of blends and builds and those big Vangelis style hits. Terrific!

Andy

Thank you Andy you are most kind.  The Cherry Audio 8 voice SEM emulation has such a squelchy growl to it.

21 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

Really enjoyed this my friend - and definitely agree with the comments re the Vangelis style and feel

Loved it

Nigel

Thank you Nigel, to be told it reminds of Vangelis is an humbling, nice to hear you loved it.

On 8/8/2021 at 9:03 PM, hsm said:

Enjoyed this, a touch of Kraftwerk to my ears. Sounded great in my cans too, great job.

You are most kind Sir thank you for listening and commenting I can live with an association to those masters of the synth. 

On 8/9/2021 at 3:08 AM, noynekker said:

Thanks for this one Wookiee !  . . . it evokes a very positive feeling. Nice way to end my musical Sunday.

Nice to know it added a positive vibe to end your musical day, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:24 PM, Guerilla Genus said:

Sounds good! Would be a nice track for something Sci Fi or a Stranger Things episode.

you glad you found it interesting.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:36 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Vangelis or if you were playing Bach, the formerly Walter Carlos. Those tones are a time capsule from childhood. Only yours sound cleaner. Nice!

cheers,

-Tom

Vangelis again Walter and not Wendy you are so kind Tom thank you sir.

Nice to know it took you on a ride to time when Men were Men, Women were Women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. :)