Cakewalk 2021.06 update 3 is now available

cclarry

Release Notes (2021.06 Update 3)

Bug Fixes in Update 3 (build 27.06.0.058)

In-app Google authentication not working.

Projects with tracks containing embedded synths in the FX rack can hang on load if aux tracks are also present.

Pressing spacebar/play fails to start project in Play List.

Enhancements in Update 2 (build 27.06.0.057)

Added support for 'Modern Standby', a new power management feature introduced in Windows 10 build 2004.

Improved handling for resuming from a sleep state in Windows. Cakewalk will additionally reload the driver if necessary, if the driver requests a restart or it stops responding.

Suspend and resume are properly handled when a dialog box is open.

Handle VST instruments that change output counts. If a VST instrument changes its output count, ports in projects previously saved with the instrument could become offset by the change in outputs. This could cause projects to stop playing through other virtual instruments until their instrument track inputs were reassigned. Cakewalk will now detect change in outputs on opening a project and  automatically reassign ports appropriately with no user intervention required.

Once again, the download and installation through the Bandlab app does not work.  Perhaps one in 4 times, it has worked as expected.  Is there a direct link to update this most recent update?  Frankly, I am about ready to give up completely on Bandlab Cakewalk.  And sometimes I can find the direct link on the Bandlab site, this time I can't, and I dont really have the patience to keep looking.  Thanks!

Ok.  Now I see that when I open up Cakewalk, there is a notification that there is a new update.  Clicking on this, thankfully doesn't take me to the Bandlab app, but directly downloads the new update.  Now that went smoothly.  

Perhaps with this type of notification, there is no need for the Bandlab app anyway, as it is pretty worthless on my machine for reliable downloads.  

Edited by balinas
clarification
  • Great Idea 1

14 minutes ago, balinas said:

Perhaps with this type of notification, there is no need for the Bandlab app anyway, as it is pretty worthless on my machine for reliable downloads.  

@balinasIIRC this was stated in a prior CbB release that the BandLab app was no longer required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, balinas said:

Once again, the download and installation through the Bandlab app does not work.  Perhaps one in 4 times, it has worked as expected.  Is there a direct link to update this most recent update?

Open CW, go to Help menu and select Check for updates .. works for me every time, same as in most other apps in general

• Thanks 2