Presonus Users Get Waves Gold Plus Sub FREE for 60 Days

cclarry

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I imagine one of the beauties of the Sub is that there is no WUP.  As long as your sub is good,
you stay up to date

Possibly, but as much as I like Presonus, I will never sign up for their subscription model. Neither will I ever sign up for Izotope’s or anyone else’s for that matter. I am unwilling to provide any of these companies a lifetime annuity, while imposing upon myself more monthly fixed (and in all likelihood increasing) cost obligations. I would rather buy a time share, and the likelihood of that happening…..is less than zero.

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

I agree -- I have no interest in long-term subscriptions.  But, for virtual instruments and effects, these provide a very valuable way to test out a company's offerings over a short time to get a feel how they feel without spending wads of cash and, as often happens, regretting purchases made somewhat blindly.  I'm currently using a trial of East West's subscription service and it was insightful.  Some libraries I easily dismissed, while others I plan to purchase outright (full license) now that I know that it can do what I am looking for.

In terms of Waves, this is less important because you can already demo any plugin on demand without needing a subscription to do so.  Same with Izotope.  

Here’s the link from the email with the details:

$9.99/month or $99.99/year

Start Free

Exclusive offer: First 60 days free

Cancel anytime

Free plugin updates

Free course included

Give your music a fully pro sound with 44 plugins powering the world’s top producers and mixers.

I am not against subs. I have Presonus Sphere, EW Composer Cloud and Roland Core. 

It's going to take several years before my Sphere sub costs as much as an outright purchase, and by which time there would have been some paid upgrades.  I wanted Notion as well as S1 so it's better value for me than someone who just wanted S1. It also includes other useful plugins and content that are extra over a straight licence.