Plugins at 96KHz - 24bit Sample rate.

Will.

Question

I'm at a fellow mixing and mastering engineers studio working on a few material for clients. He has a decent dedicated home studio setup.

This guy is obsessed with Presonus gear. 

Question: Does anyone else having trouble with a sample rate of 96KHz with the Presonus USB96 interface in Cakewalk? Have to add that he doesn't use CbB as often. His go-to DAW is obviously PT and the Secondary DAW ST-One. 

I'm here working on a collaboration with him for one of his clients. I was trying to get some Drum samples to use from TTS-1 that fits this song specifically and at this sample rate its distorting like crazy. I could change things down, but he don't want me to change a thing on the system (Sitting next to me reading this as I'm typing.)

Not only is it the stock plugin, but some other effects too - mostly Vst2 plugins. I have checked and Double checked every single setting in CbB to make sure it's sync with that of Windows 10 and the Presonus 96interface drivers settings everything checks out as it should. 

Obviously there's no issues in the other two DAWS with the current sample and bit rate. 

So does anyone else have this issue at this sample with any plugins with that of Cakewalks DX plugins and any Vst2 and Vst3? 

6 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Sorry- I forgot that oddity.

Yeah. Me too. 

2 minutes ago, scook said:

Easy to do.

Running TTS-1 at 96K is a pain.

This is true. 😂 It really is a pain. 

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give this another next time.

We used his wife's laptop to extract the snare and drum  I needed from it at 48KHz-24bit. Threw it on a USB as a wave file and transferred it like that. 

Do you experience the same problem with any other Plugins such as with VST 2 effects and plugins? Nexus 2 did the same in 96000

I'll be working with him for the next couple weeks. So I wana know should I carry on working in CbB at his studio (I'm more comfortable with Cakewalk than with PT and STOne - that's why i'm preferring to work with it.) Get the job done quicker and easier.

With that being said: I also don't want to go and be troublesome in the production if certain thing he has don't run smooth in 96000 with CbB.