vst only playing one note at a time

ultrapoopa

sorry complete beginner here so needless to say i know little about what im doing or any lingo. but recently i noticed some synths will only let me play one note at a time, meaning i cant play chords etc, like some drums from spitfire labs. is there a way to change this?

thank you

Edited by ultrapoopa

Hi ultrapoopa and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

In order for your synth(s) to play more than one note at a time it/they must have polyphony.  Some soft synths have the option of playing polyphony, some play it by default and others can only play one note at a time.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I'm pretty sure all of the LABS instruments are polyphonic. Which one are we talking about?

hey thanks, its the one titled drums, it also only happens for some samples for example i cant play a hi hat and a kick but not a hi hat and a snare, while others like crashes will play and get immediately cut off

Nor mine. But I don't have that particular library. 

In the upper-right of the UI there are three dots. Click on those to expand a few settings, one of which is maximum polyphony. It should be 256 by default. Also check the preload and stream buffer sizes; not sure but I suspect these may be set automatically based on the amount of RAM you have.