midi keyboard not appearing as input option

Hello,

I've been using Cakewalk by bandlab for a few months with a midi keyboard with no issues. Today, the midi keyboard stopped working and is no longer an option for me to choose under inputs for my device preferences. The computer recognizes the keyboard and all the sound works just fine on Cakewalk it's just that Cakewalk isn't recognizing that I have a keyboard plugged in.

Does anyone know typical reasons this may happen? I haven't changed or updated anything since I used it yesterday. I've only unplugged the keyboard and shutdown my computer.

Thanks for any suggestions!

You say you unplugged the keyboard. Long shot but did you plug it into the same USB port again? 

And if the Keyboard has a midi driver go to the manufactures web site and download and try installing that. I had mine disappear once because I plugged it into a different port and Windows installed a generic driver. I re installed the driver and it has worked since. Not all keyboards come with drivers but its worth a shot if yours is a name brand like Roland or Yamaha. 

And you did check in Preferences/Midi/Devices that the keyboard is not there or else possibly there but not checked? 

Screenshot (123).png

• Like 1