Humble bundle: Sound Forge Pro 13, core FX, Samplitude Music Studio, Wizard FX, Acid Music Studio 11

Michael Docy

1 hour ago, scook said:

Rather than install most of the bundle, I logged into my MAGIX account and registered the products there.

Good tip! Thank you. The Humble install instructions says

Note: Please redeem key before December 31st, 2021.

but I don't really want to install anything right now. I'll just register the products like you did.

1 hour ago, scook said:

64bit SF12 Pro does support 64bit VST2/3 3rd party plug-ins. I was very happy to pick it up in a Humble Bundle a few years ago, if only to retire my 32bit plug-ins completely. The scanner has issues with a few plug-ins.

I was surprised to read that SF12 Pro did not support 64 bit plugins. I fired it up last night and it scanned my 64 bit vst3s. And I can confirm that it does have issues with a few plugins.

14 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Good tip! Thank you. The Humble install instructions says

Note: Please redeem key before December 31st, 2021.

but I don't really want to install anything right now. I'll just register the products like you did.

Yeah, the Dec 31 expiration is OK if one wants to flip the software but the only thing they mention is how to install.

1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I was surprised to read that SF12 Pro did not support 64 bit plugins. I fired it up last night and it scanned my 64 bit vst3s. And I can confirm that it does have issues with a few plugins.

I created a second VST3 folder for the trouble makers (in my case Blue Cat's freeware) and added it to the DAW scan path.

After installing SF13, I added the problem VST3s back to the default folder and the new SF13 scanner worked.

21 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I hate download installers.  Does anyone know where Magix downloads the complete installer. So far I can't find the full SF exe.

From you account.  Under the product it says "More Details" and the download is there

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

From you account.  Under the product it says "More Details" and the download is there

You have to login again.  I was looking for the secret folders most software uses and never removes. It is in my documents.

Not sure I want to install those added Core plugins.  I have too many as it is.

I will install Samplitude Studio with their instruments.  Their Studio version is a bargain at $25.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

You have to login again.  I was looking for the secret folders most software uses and never removes. It is in my documents.

Not sure I want to install those added Core plugins.  I have too many as it is.

I will install Samplitude Studio with their instruments.  Their Studio version is a bargain at $25.

Yes..there is a folder under My Documents called "Magix Downloads"

Question about the user manuals... anybody see an English PDF for Samplitude Music Studio? I got the others in English, but there are no choices here, and I am signed into the website as a USA user.

I got the bundle and successfully registered the applications in my Magix account.

Didn't plan to install Samplitude, but thought that I might glance at the user manual. I only get the German version "handbuch_sms2019_de.pdf" when I download the instructions... 😢

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Question about the user manuals... anybody see an English PDF for Samplitude Music Studio? I got the others in English, but there are no choices here, and I am signed into the website as a USA user.

I got the bundle and successfully registered the applications in my Magix account.

Didn't plan to install Samplitude, but thought that I might glance at the user manual. I only get the German version "handbuch_sms2019_de.pdf" when I download the instructions... 😢

Official link to the manual I received by email some years ago:

http://dl03.magix.net/manual_sms2019_en.pdf

• Thanks 1

I have Samplitude Music Studio and Acid Music Studio from a previous Humble Bundle (neither of which I actually use since I use Studio One Pro).  Any compelling reason to get this bundle for Sound Forge Pro if I have RX 7 Elements?

15 hours ago, Paul Young said:

After further review Samplitude Studio blows.  I should be able to load a vsti without having to look at a manual.  Acid Music Studio is better.

I didn't bother installing Samplitude, as I already have a few other Pro DAWs. But I was curious about Acid Music Studio as a former Sony Acid Pro 6 user.

But as soon as I discovered that Acid Music Studio came with absolutely no content, not even a demo project, and cannot even export loops, I binned it immediately! $99 to upgrade to Pro? Fugedaboudit!

The reason I picked up this bundle was for a cheap 64-bit upgrade from my old Sony Sound Forge 7. An audio Swiss army knife...

37 minutes ago, ALC said:

Any compelling reason to get this bundle for Sound Forge Pro if I have RX 7 Elements?

I have RX 8 Standard (came with MPS bundle), but grabbed Sound Forge anyway. I used to use Sony Sound Forge 7, and it's pretty easy to use. So the 64-bit update was a no-brainer for $25. A Swiss army knife for audio editing. RX has some interesting healing options.

I have been using Audacity for the past few years for quick and easy audio edits and conversions. It will be nice to have Sound Forge available for that again! :)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, abacab said:

But as soon as I discovered that Acid Music Studio came with absolutely no content, not even a demo project, and cannot even export loops, I binned it immediately! $99 to upgrade to Pro?

Erm @abacab ..  Check the HELP Menu and click on DOWNLOAD INSTRUMENTS and LOOP COLLECTIONS ... Nearly 5GB of stuff

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Erm @abacab ..  Check the HELP Menu and click on DOWNLOAD INSTRUMENTS and LOOP COLLECTIONS ... Nearly 5GB of stuff

Thank you sir! I stand corrected! :)

I had looked all over, and checked the FAQ, but missed that!

Regardless, the Acid Music Studio still appears to be crippled compared with the Pro version. Still think I will pass on this...

Acid Music Studio restrictions This manual is written for both versions of ACID, ACID Music Studio (the program you are using right now) and ACID Pro, the bigger brother of ACID Music Studio.

The following functions from ACID Pro are not available in ACID Music Studio:

l External control surface support l 5.1 Surround mixing l Rewire mixer/device functionality l MIDI piano roll editor, editing of MIDI clips is done by Inline Editing l Automation recording l Real-Time Rendering l Groove Pool, Groove Strip,Groove Files loading l Input Busses l Loop Export l MIDI Synchronization l Video output on external monitor l Program Map editor l MIDI Merge recording l Vita Sampler

Less content and effects are available in ACID Music Studio:

l Instead of 25 Vita Solo Instruments, only 6 are available l Only four essential FX (Limiter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Stereo Delay) instead of 11. l Less loop content.

• 2 weeks later...

2 days left on this bundle, I have SF Pro 12 so not sure if worth. Anyone who's been using pro 13 notice any significant reason to upgrade apart from faster VST scanning? I have RX standard but do prefer the batch processing in Pro 12, only reason I keep it around along with more export options

2 hours ago, tom said:

2 days left on this bundle, I have SF Pro 12 so not sure if worth. Anyone who's been using pro 13 notice any significant reason to upgrade apart from faster VST scanning? I have RX standard but do prefer the batch processing in Pro 12, only reason I keep it around along with more export options

If you are trying to purge 32 bit. For 25 it is worth it. 

• Great Idea 1