Humble bundle: Sound Forge Pro 13, core FX, Samplitude Music Studio, Wizard FX, Acid Music Studio 11

Michael Docy

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/sound-forge-pro-hit-record-production-software?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_soundforgeprohitrecordproduction_softwarebundle

$25 Dollars for the bundle.

SF Pro 13 is not the latest version but it is a 64 bit version. This is a cheap way to get a 64 bit version if you are still running a 32 bit version.

Edited by Michael Docy
clarify
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A tip for Samplitude Music Studio. In settings / VST it only has one user path you can enter. So same as ABLETON, if you have multiple VST paths  go create a folder called VST PATHS and inside that folder add SHORTCUTS to all your VST folders. Pop this folder in the USER VST FOLDER PATH field and Music Studio will scan the lot via the shortcuts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

. . . if you have multiple VST paths  go create a folder called VST PATHS and inside that folder add SHORTCUTS to all your VST folders. Pop this folder in the USER VST FOLDER PATH field and Music Studio will scan the lot via the shortcuts

Shortcuts will do it? Or is a directory junction needed?

11 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Shortcuts will do it? Or is a directory junction needed?

No need for directory junctions .. I am just doing reg shortcuts with Samplitude Music Studio, the same ones I use for my Ableton Live 11. Works fine. 

vst shortcuts.jpg

In case ye wondering why all my VST folders. As you can see I have my VSTi and VST EFX plugins broken up into separate folders. I do this because say Audio Editors dont need to have access to VSTis ( Instruments ), only to EFX. I also have a vstplugins32 folder so if a plugin installs insists on a 32 bit install it goes in there BUT in CW, Ableton etc I do not allow search of that 32 BIT folder.

I usually move the vst3 64 bit plugs from Program Files / Common Files manually into my VST3 folders because unfortunately some plugin installs do not allow you to set a vst3 path ... annoying

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, abacab said:

Is Sound Forge 13 better than Audacity? Asking for a friend...

Yes ... streets ahead in my view. And @abacab ... for $22 ( including other software like ACID ) its worth the punt. Other advantage is if you do like it you are straight on upgrade path for newer SFs in the future if that was a thing.

Also remember this is SOUNDFORGE 13 PRO ... Also can be installed on 2 systems with the lic

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 1

Some questions. I'm very tempted by this as I have been working on Sony Soundforge  Studio10 for I think 10years. It's only 32bit. Works on W10 but have to run as admin every time since a W10 update. So very tempted indeed just to have 13pro and be able to access my 64 bit vst fx within it. However I'm in the UK. So not so sure if I can buy from here (though the site is showing the price in UK £).  Do I have to sign up with Humble to get this. Will Magix refuse to register as bought in the US and I'm in the UK. I don't need Sampletude, Acid Pro etc as CWB and  Studio One 5 do me well. Would appreciate insight. thanks.

The Humble bundle is a great deal. I got SoundForge 12 Pro and Vegas 16 Pro this way. Unfortunately SoundForge 12 Pro does not support third-party 64-bit plugins and I have not used it. But I got a good upgrade offer to SoundForge 15 Suite for $ 149.

I got:

SoundForge 15 Suite (and many plugins including coreFX Suite)

wizardFX Modern Reverb
essentialFX Suite (11 high-quality effect plug-ins)
Analogue Modeling Suite (4 mastering plug-ins)
Vintage Effects Suite (3 vintage effects)
VariVerb II (versatile reverb plug-in)
Vandal (virtual guitar & bass amps)

iZotope Ozone 9 Elements
iZotope RX 8 Elements
Celemony Melodyne 5 essential
Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 7 (and free upgrade to Pro 8)

Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro is a great plugin for removing noise, reverb and extraneous clicks that cannot be cut out by the built-in plugins.

Edited by dasmode
  • Like 1

Thanks dasmode. Just checked and it appears thatPro13 supports external vst fx (studio 10 does so suprised 12 pro did not) EDIT : just seen you mentioned 64bit (which is surprising). I therefore assume 64bit is available from within Pro 13.

Edited by TracingArcs

8 minutes ago, TracingArcs said:

Thanks dasmode. Just checked and it appears thatPro13 supports external vst fx (studio 10 does so suprised 12 pro did not)

SoundForge 12 Pro supports third party VST plugins, but only 32 bit. You may need to specify the path for scanning VST plugins in the settings.

By the way, no matter what country you are from, this is not a problem for payment. You get a serial number that you need to register in your Magix account (and it doesn't matter where you got it).

Edited by dasmode

2 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Some questions. I'm very tempted by this as I have been working on Sony Soundforge  Studio10 for I think 10years. It's only 32bit. Works on W10 but have to run as admin every time since a W10 update. So very tempted indeed just to have 13pro and be able to access my 64 bit vst fx within it. However I'm in the UK. So not so sure if I can buy from here (though the site is showing the price in UK £).  Do I have to sign up with Humble to get this. Will Magix refuse to register as bought in the US and I'm in the UK. I don't need Sampletude, Acid Pro etc as CWB and  Studio One 5 do me well. Would appreciate insight. thanks.

@TracingArcs

You can sign up to HUMBLE from anywhere. In the create account it asks for your country and the price of the bundles are then shown in your countries currency. EG I am in Ireland so it shows as EUROS ( In my case €21 for this bundle ).

When you buy the bundle you get SERIAL CODES for Soundforge, Core FX, Samplitude Music Studio, Wizard FX, Acid Music Studio 11.

The Core FX and Wizard FX are effects plugins from Magix / Audio Plugin Union:

https://www.magix.com/ie/music/audio-plugin-union/

I would not discount these, they work in CW also once installed. Nor would I discount Samplitude Music Studio or ACID. Both worth a look. Samplitude Music Studio comes with its own fair share of instruments and efx. In fact samplitude at the time was an alt DAW that people were considering when CW got dumped a few years back by Gibson. ACID, well this has been around a long time. Worth a look and uninstall when you like.

In your HB account all your purchases are stored in LIBRARY and in many cases the install software is there too. In this case all the software have small install utilities to download. If you dont have an account with MAGIX already you may be asked to create one also. In my case I have had a Magix account for years and once I gave my email addy at end of say SF install it went through fine and actually added all these magix software to my Magix account also.

Nothing devious or underhanded here. The idea of HUMBLE BUNDLE is they pull together bundles of like software with a theme eg here its soundforge/audio. Usually all the apps in any bundle is not the latest version, a few versions back, BUT HEY they are still a great deal. PLUS some of your few $/€/£ are going to charity which is a central point of HB. As you will see when buying you can choose to pay a bit more than the asking  if you want to give more to the charities and developers .. your choice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dasmode said:

Unfortunately SoundForge 12 Pro does not support third-party 64-bit plugins and I have not used it.

64bit SF12 Pro does support 64bit VST2/3 3rd party plug-ins. I was very happy to pick it up in a Humble Bundle a few years ago, if only to retire my 32bit plug-ins completely. The scanner has issues with a few plug-ins.

The SF13 Pro scanner seems a little better. It also has ARA support picking up both Melodyne 5 Studio and SpectraLayers 8 Pro which were already installed.

For me, the update is well worth $25 even though I have not used use SF12 (or SpectraLayers) much since getting iZotope RX. It's still nice to have around.

Rather than install most of the bundle, I logged into my MAGIX account and registered the products there.

For faster loading don't forget to add  /NOVSTGROVEL to the SF command line

novstgrovel.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2