Issue with export Midi and noteoff values

jieva

When I open a Midi file in other editors EG Reaper and look at the event list there are note off values.  If I load that same midi to cakewalk and then export it as midi and then open with another editor the note-off values/events are not present.  

If I load the original Midi (not touched by Cakewalk) into Studio One and export it back out and then load it in reaper the note off values are preserved.

It seems that any midi that I export from Cakewalk drops the Note-off values

This is making it impossible for me to move midi in and out of cakewalk as it has serious effects on the midi within the other editors.

The same happens if I just drag a midi track from within cakewalk to the desktop.  The midi file is created but it has dropped all of the noteoff events/values

Is this a bug or by design ?

Instead of Note Off, CbB exports Note On with Velocity = 0 which is considered by the spec to be the same as Note Off.

At least that is what I see when reading MIDI files created by CbB using MIDICSV and reviewing the MIDI spec.

• 11 months later...

I too want to have the note-off velocities preserved! As well as recorded.

I have a Yamaha p515 which sends these messages and Pianoteq 7.5 which responds to these messages. Currently anything recorded is sterilised in Cakewalk and looses its character.

PLEASE add an option in preferences to preserve / record note-off velocities for those of us, who wish to use them.

Thanks

Edited by Selinita