IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

27 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

If I already have T-Racks 4 Max and T-Racks 5 CS, what are the advantages in getting "regular" T-Racks 5? is there anything besides the Classic EQ and the "non-full" metering? (is there some "full version only" feature like it happens in Amplitube where the new impulse response features are available if you have the full version but unavailable if using the CS version?)

The differences with CS and the full levels are shown here by asterisks:

What's new

Resizable*, redesigned interface and plugin GUIs

Expandable broadcast-ready metering suite*

Floating meters option*

Album Assembly section with waveform editing and metadata*

Up to 192 kHz/32-bit floating point*

Equal gain option*

Signature presets from the industry's top engineers*

* Features available by upgrading to T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX. T-RackS 5 CS supports projects up to 48kHz and features basic metering functions. Presets require specific modules which might not be part of this version of T-RackS 5. You can however download any processor for FREE and test them for 14 days before purchase.

Other than that your existing TR 4 modules will unlock in TR 5, so you would only need to pick up missing modules as freebie selections.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

Sorry to interrupt your wild math-party, but in the rules they said we're getting first freebie after reaching 2000 participants. So yes, it's 25 products for the price of 1 (one paid and 24 free after reaching 25.000).

Nope, it was the second freebie at 2000. The first freebie was at 0. If, like me, you got in as soon as it started, you would have received you first freebie even if there were just a few entries. That's what happened to me. I was in when there were like 20 entries or so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Nope, it was the second freebie at 2000. The first freebie was at 0. If, like me, you got in as soon as it started, you would have received you first freebie even if there were just a few entries. That's what happened to me. I was in when there were like 20 entries or so.

Jack B, you know an argument when you see juan ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALC said:

Thanks for the info.  Fortunately, my main music computer is a Mac, but I do have Windows computers as well, so good to know.  Have you tried using the non-ASIO driver (I'm thinking the latency doesn't matter, but I don't know).

Yeah- I keep forgetting Mac users exist (it did occur to me after I posted) -sorry!-  I tried other ASIO drivers but no luck- I could not find any i/o offered in Arc 3 except ASIO.  Supposedly the ASIO4ALL developer(s) are working on supporting multi hardware, and it is supposed to work with some devices (I got a beta released this Spring) but no joy for me.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Actually you might be right. The first freebie on the entry and the second only after 2000 participants. Don't see the details anymore on the website so just trying to bring back from memory.

• Like 1

It was buy one get one free from the start.  2,000 participants brought you to 2 free choices (3 for the price of 1).  And so on :D to where we are today and up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1 (the emphasis is what we've been stating throughout [Edith: we did correct where it was not clear that it was not every 1,000 throughout - just for the tiers that were currently shown, for that I apologize as it was definitely and understandably confusing at that time]).

The English is written here in the States and is technically and grammatically correct.  Since it still seems unclear for some:  When we reach 25,000 participants, said participants will get 25 for the price of 1 (24 free items to choose).  The final five tiers have not been published yet.  They too are both grammatically and mathematically correct.  We'll post them when there's reason to.  So give us that reason!  OK, I understand that will likely take a little longer than 2 days.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK much more than two days, DarkStar has posted their graph and others have some data showing a bit of a slowdown since the extension was announced which is expected. So it isn't time to panic but if there is anybody you know on the fence they may want to get in sooner rather than later so others continue to have confidence in the progress.  Especially if they are looking to join with the ARC 3 + microphone because that is a physical item that ships and entry is unlocked after receipt and registration of the product.

So we do have those factors to consider, just to be realistic and to give neither false hope or instill too much fear.  We're about "even" right now I'd say, and I know there are many here who are multiple dippers (that still doesn't sound great) so I thank you and will not ask you to squeeze that stone again.  I still believe we'll get to 20,000 but it won't be a....

Cakewalk.

(I'll get my coat)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It was buy one get one free from the start.  2,000 participants brought you to 2 free choices (3 for the price of 1).  And so on :D to where we are today and up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1 (the emphasis is what we've been stating throughout [Edith: we did correct where it was not clear that it was not every 1,000 throughout - just for the tiers that were currently shown, for that I apologize as it was definitely and understandably confusing at that time]).

The English is written here in the States and is technically and grammatically correct.  Since it still seems unclear for some:  When we reach 25,000 participants, said participants will get 25 for the price of 1 (24 free items to choose).  The final five tiers have not been published yet.  They too are both grammatically and mathematically correct.  We'll post them when there's reason to.  So give us that reason!  OK, I understand that will likely take a little longer than 2 days.

It's only confusing if you make it confusing.

Thank you @Peter - IK Multimedia. It has been clear from the beginning that not every increase in 1000 entries was associated with a free item from the list, and that there are plans that will be announced when we get closer to the end but I wasn't thinking too much and made a mistake when writing my entry and realized it as soon as I saw the response from Jacques Boileau

Here is an idea: when we get to a plateau you could announce something like "instead of a free item, if we get to 21000 entries IK MM will add [gear credits|resonator|something else] to the list of items to choose from".  That could encourage even more multi-dip 😉

Ok...maybe my math is fuzzy BUT....

If your ad CLEARLY says 20 freebies at 20,000, that leaves
only 4 more freebies to be earned in 5,000 participants...

I don't know how you're going to "change" the tiers to 
get something different, unless you INCREASE the tier to 1,200
OR, unless the LAST tier is modified after 23 freebies at 23,000 to
TWO THOUSAND to get the LAST one, and THOSE would be a REALLY BAD decisions IMO...
and you've only got 5 places to put 4 freebies...so I wish you the best
of luck!  

And just so everyone knows, I have no skin in this game...
but it would be a HUGE MISTAKE to INCREASE the last 5 tiers 
to 1,200 OR the LAST tier to 2,000, AT THE LAST MINUTE! 
That's something a SHYSTER would do!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

@cclarry it doesn't have to be a removal of a 1000 entry tier or a spacing in the last few tiers to be more than 1000, it can be that a tier has something else other than a free item

I don't see that happening...based on the Promo nomenclature, but
like I said, it is "IK" so anything is possible, and REGARDLESS, they 
HAVE to get 4 freebies in in the last 5,000 to satisfy the terms of the
Promo

Edited by cclarry

3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

are we seriously arguing whether one will get 1+25 free or 1+24 free? I am interpreting it, i pay for 1 thing and I get 25 in total. So, 1 + 24 freebies.

No tele...we're talking about the "how" part of how the last 4 freebies will be delivered.  Based on Pete's "clear as mud"
talking point that "the last tiers aren't 1,000", we're discussing HOW they are going to deliver 4 freebies with 5,000
Participants...

In fairness to @Peter - IK Multimedia, he did state on page 11 the following (not that anyone would remember or read back 85 pages to find it! 🙄)

Capture5.JPG.2900cc1ccb98a4dbddec249f07731837.JPG

Reading the GB page copy, one might think that the second freebie happens at the 12,000 tier but then the graphic makes it all clear by showing that the 12,000 tier brings 12 freebies - Yay!  But, the graphic only shows tiers 8,000 through 20,000 and "So on."  So, the inference, logical conclusion, and obvious behavior of the counter shows that distribution happens 1 = 1-1999 ; 2 = 2000 and "so on."  But wait, that math doesn't work because that process only takes us to 24,000! (as someone noticed).

Marketing typo or genius just to drum up a 96 page thread -  @Bapu would be proud!

Capture.JPG.938ec20c4ff406e1a0e94bbd37e15b9a.JPG

Anyone know of a local Pedantic's Anonymous group?

Edited by Fwrend
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Yeah- I keep forgetting Mac users exist (it did occur to me after I posted) -sorry!-  I tried other ASIO drivers but no luck- I could not find any i/o offered in Arc 3 except ASIO.  Supposedly the ASIO4ALL developer(s) are working on supporting multi hardware, and it is supposed to work with some devices (I got a beta released this Spring) but no joy for me.

You could try FlexASIO along with FlexASIO GUI. It allows you to specify different input and output devices and can be seen in ARC 3.

https://github.com/dechamps/FlexASIO/releases

https://github.com/flipswitchingmonkey/FlexASIO_GUI/releases

• Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

This will do a great job I am sure. It comes with a calibration file. Check if the price is right for you. It is from a Canadian store near Montreal.

https://solen.ca/products/electronics/test-equipment/dayton-audio-emm-6-electret-measurement-microphone/

Thanks for this. This will be my backup try if the Dayton Audio iMM-6 doesn't work. I wonder if it is the same mic in a different configuration?