IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

16 hours ago, bdickens said:

This is the only place I've seen so many people complain so much about free stuff.

Well. nothing is "really" free. The way I see it, you pay to get this stuff. If you are lucky, you end up paying a few $'s for old plugins, which I think is the right thing. IMO, plugins aren't worth more than a few $'s. Anyone over $10 or $20 is too much.

• Like 1

I'm no mathematicist, but this thread was started early yesterday morning, which I believe was soon after the buy was announced. 

I'm led to believe -- and it makes intuitive sense -- that a fair proportion of people will jump in at the end, once they've seen how things are shaping up.

Short of that, if the current rate holds of (slightly more than) 600 people joining in (less than) two full days, or 300/day with 25 days remaining, you'd expect to hit the middle of the 7000 tier by the end, without any eleventh-hour (or twenty-fourth-day) bump.

Given the recent... <vague arm-waving motions> all *this* happening in the world, it may be that there are more first- or second-time buyers looking to add to their new-ish music production activities -- or maybe there's generally less disposable income to sling around. A couple of weeks may narrow the trend, but so far it seems consistent with getting at least a 6- or 7-for-1 deal out of it, just from the numbers available.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Charlie Hatton said:

A couple of weeks may narrow the trend, but so far it seems consistent with getting at least a 6- or 7-for-1 deal out of it, just from the numbers available.

That's the math talking. Bravo! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I am just in to get some EQs. I dont care about bundles. I think it should hit 5K at least.

I thought I didn't need another EQ and it was a little hyped until I tried the Master EQ432 and that was an instabuy for me! Same with their tape machine emulations 🙂

I haven't tried their 73 and 81 and maybe that's a good thing.. as I may end up wanting them as well! Haha..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I thought I didn't need another EQ and it was a little hyped until I tried the Master EQ432 and that was an instabuy for me! Same with their tape machine emulations 🙂

I haven't tried their 73 and 81 and maybe that's a good thing.. as I may end up wanting them as well! Haha..

they add color to sound. i think good to get as freebies.

EQ73 sample

EQ81 sample

Edited by telecode 101

5 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

There are 11 Sampletank instruments in this I don't have (I have everything else but Arc).  Wish they had included The Resonator, but oh well.  I doubt it will get to buy 1 get 10, but it should at least cover the Cinekinetik instruments.  I'm in for 1.

Same boat...I don't have the Cinekinetik or Electromagnetik products...or the Resonator, and that can wait until TSM4

You realize you have to buy something, not on sale, to get free stuff?

I have nothing to complain about this sale personally, I am very happy with it and participating in it, but you do have to buy something to get in. As the number of free items grows, you divide the cost of entry by the number of plugins you get and you get the price per plugin. This will be quite low and from previous group buy sale, probably the best deal you can ever get.

As the saying goes: there is never a free lunch... but a very very cheap one is always welcomed! Thanks IK!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MusicMan said:

until I tried the Master EQ432 and that was an instabuy for me!

That's a great EQ!!

10 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I haven't tried their 73 and 81

If you want to keep your money, you may not want to try them!! They are some of the best out there. I love them both.

• Like 2

I own Sample Tank 4 Max, but no FX or Modo.  My upgrade to TS3M is $499 and there have been a couple coupons this year that took that to $299, but I have not taken the hook yet.  If I plan to go with TS3M in the future, is it pointless to look at the group buy?  i.e. is there any additional purchase that would knock my TS3M upgrade price down further?

2 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

is there any additional purchase that would knock my TS3M upgrade price down further?

I am not the best authority on this (Larry is), but the quick answer is no.

I think the main reason they do that is because of GB like this one. You could end up getting a bunch of stuff (at very low cost) that you could use to bring the price of another product down.

• Thanks 1