IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

it's easy to see why IK were extending them, as they might well do with this one. By the first deadline, the bulk of their active customer base has already joined. So sales don't really ramp up during an extension, but it helps with trying to get new customers on board.

IK is like a crack dealer....😁

• Haha 7

I guess IK isn't a small time dealer. I purchased Electromagnetic and Dimebag isn't an option in the dropdown list. I mostly want it for the Flanger/Doubler. I remember a sound guy running my guitar through the rack mount version back in the 80s and it was magical.  so far: Electromagnetic, Comprexxor, Space Delay, AT Leslie, Satch and ARC 3. Dimebag should be there but it's not for some reason.

The value  here is amazing for $105 with the help of jammies.

edit: Dimebag was there just not where I expected.

Edited by bluzdog

Second buy in.  Between the 95 GC I unknowingly had in the couch cushions, JamPoints, and credit card kickbacks, I got one $200 and one $150 buy in for $156.27 out of pocket.  I feel like I got everything I wanted for about half the cost of the TSMax3 upgrade when it was on sale.  I still have a few slots left for stuff that I have not yet discovered that I want. 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I have lots of jammies if needed, is this my best option? Thanks.

The absolute best option is when a "random" web seller puts an IK item on sale before the GB end date. Not saying that will happen this year because we never know, but it might as it used to happen in the past, then along with an eventual GB extension we can expect much more than 10x1! The second best option are jammies. :) 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Got ARC3, ordered the MEMS mic from Thomann. So somewhere next week I'm good to go. Hopefully the count goes up a tier so I can get Mic Room for free (so the MEMS mic doesn't only get used fot this one purpose).

Alas- The shipping equals the microphone price for me (ECM8000).  No one in the States appears to have them in stock for $30.  I may pick up the ARC 3 anyway before "the end" and backorder the mic from Sweetwater.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Alas- The shipping equals the microphone price for me (ECM8000).  No one in the States appears to have them in stock for $30.  I may pick up the ARC 3 anyway before "the end" and backorder the mic from Sweetwater.

Sadly, the mic wasn't 30 for me neither. I went for the official ARC3 mic. So...double that and then some. But I plan to use it in conjunction with Mic Room. So I justified it in my head. Not in my wallet though...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fitzroy said:

The tiers were different though, with fewer participants required to reach them. By the end of the month, this group buy will definitely pass the 2019 one, in terms of participation. And that's with the 2019 group buy having been extended by a month. 

Looking at the evolution of previous group buys, it's easy to see why IK were extending them, as they might well do with this one. By the first deadline, the bulk of their active customer base has already joined. So sales don't really ramp up during an extension, but it helps with trying to get new customers on board. This edition is no different. I will probably enter a second and third time (on lower tiers) and was doing the math on how the final number of freebies might affect this. As it turns out - not that much, unless we end up with 20, 20+ freebies at the end (maybe a tall order but certainly not because of the quality of the deal). And even then, my 'loss', compared to the best scenario, would hardly be upsetting. 

Telecode wholeheartedly endorses this post. This is exactly how I got suckered into the IKM ecosystem back in 2019 or so. Now I am just in this one  cherry picking AT and Tracks items. If this GB does get to 15 for 1, that will be great. I would have picked up most of Tracks5 Max and AT 5 Max for a fraction of a price. 

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grem said:

It has gotten that high?

Yes . I think is was 7000 participants for the 10 for 1.  This is why I think this one will reach 25 for 1. IKM will extend it to end of Sept. IKM are a very crafty marketing company. They know stuff regular joe doesn't. Something tells me , they don't care how much they will give away in this 25 for 1 GB because they got something else up their sleave for you after the GB. Perhaps a carrot to make you want to cross grade to a new product they will launch in 2022. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Telecode wholeheartedly endorses this post. This is exactly how I got suckered into the IKM ecosystem back in 2019 or so. Now I am just in this one  cherry picking AT and Tracks items. If this GB does get to 15 for 1, that will be great. I would have picked up most of Tracks5 Max and AT 5 Max for a fraction of a price. 

I got into IKM ecosystem early 2000... got sold on T-RackS v1 :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chris.r said:

I got into IKM ecosystem early 2000... got sold on T-RackS v1 :D 

And once you are in, you are stuck in quicksand. You can't get out. 

Fwiw.  I have limited my investment into this GB at $15 .  If this gets me the rest of AT and Tracks it was money well wasted. 

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Fwiw.  I have limited my investment into this GB at $15 .  If this gets me the rest of AT and Tracks it was money well wasted. 

This is smart and something I need to learn (but will deny publicly in allegiance to this forum haha).  Randomly read an article this morning that said if one had invested $1000 buying Tesla stock in 2011 (when I first bought Komplete around the same time), it would be worth $120k today.  I think komplete plus my $25 e vouchers are not quite valued the same and neither is any of the IK stuff I have bought over the years hahah.  With that said folks, make me feel better and buy buy buy in this GB :)

• Haha 2