Jump to content
cclarry

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, husker said:

The downloads are only good for 180 days.  So, for example, when I rebuild my DAW next year, I'll be unable to download them via IK manager, and will have to revert to the manual install/activation from my saved downloads.

No, not really, the time limit is only for the sound content not for the plugin and activation. There is no limit on those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

No, not really, the time limit is only for the sound content not for the plugin and activation. There is no limit on those.

I'm referring specifically to the sound content.  I'll have to use the manual process for each of those.

Edited by husker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

No, not really, the time limit is only for the sound content not for the plugin and activation. There is no limit on those.

and only $10 or less if you have some jam points to use to reactivate for another 180 days. Trust me I know!  (No cat was hurt in the process) for those
that remember :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, husker said:

I'm referring specifically to the sound content.  I'll have to use the manual process for each of those.

ok, but there is no activation for those, that's what threw me off in your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, husker said:

I'm referring specifically to the sound content.  I'll have to use the manual process for each of those.

You might as I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jacques Boileau said:

ok, but there is no activation for those, that's what threw me off in your comment.

There is for me.   I think for most people the IK Manager does its job.  For me, the IK Manager will download and install them, but I have to manually run the activation manager for each one for them to work in SampleTank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any minute now it will be one toke over the line sweet Jaysus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, husker said:

There is for me.   I think for most people the IK Manager does its job.  For me, the IK Manager will download and install them, but I have to manually run the activation manager for each one for them to work in SampleTank.

For me 'restore my purchases' in the Custom Shop did the trick for all at once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

IK Product Manager just died for me on two separate computers. Anyone else having this issue?

DOA for me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, husker said:

There is for me.   I think for most people the IK Manager does its job.  For me, the IK Manager will download and install them, but I have to manually run the activation manager for each one for them to work in SampleTank.

Just in case, make sure this is selected in product manager:

image.png.88d2cbd637e1d7c803ed51bf1e6bc4ac.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, husker said:

The downloads are only good for 180 days.  So, for example, when I rebuild my DAW next year, I'll be unable to download them via IK manager, and will have to revert to the manual install/activation from my saved downloads.

If you have them installed, and have the space to do this, I'd recommend backing up the whole sound library folder(s) to an external drive and optimally also somewhere offsite.  You can copy the whole shebang, and even zip it if you'd like to save space in order to back it all up.

If you have an uncompressed copy of the whole thing (this is how I do it) on an external drive, you can connect that to any machine running the software and point SampleTank, etc to that external drive rescan and go.  This is also how I use the libraries on separate computers except for my main home studio PC on which I keep a local copy on a sample drive so I don' t have to connect anything to work.

This way there's never a reinstall of these files, you just need to point to them if on an external drive or unzip and point to them if you've zipped them to save space.  I'd zip up the copy that is offsite/cloud based and not what's on an external hard drive as my preference but you can do as you need to.

  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, InstrEd said:

It does seem that IK-site is a little  overloaded at the moment. 

Urge Overkill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...