IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

7 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Regarding how this GB operates - Do you see the additional free products soon after the counter reaches the next level or do you need to wait until the end of the GB to get the additional products added to your account?

The new freebies show up immediately under "Promotions" in your account

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There are other features that are limited/not included, the easiest way to see and compare is via the charts on the AmpliTube 5 page.

Edit - but if updated amp impedance is what is being mentioned/asked about, that is in AT5 CS.

If you have all the AmpliTube collections (Slash, May, etc.) does AmpliTube 5 have everything included in Max version?

It will be interesting to see how this progresses from here.

Based on the reactions I've noticed (forums, other social media, friends), you have, on one hand, people who are after 3+ of the bigger items. This group seems to be quite content, in general, with the idea of getting 5-6 freebies, anything beyond that being a nice bonus. The second group is formed by people who are interested in 'smaller' items (so mostly the $99 tier and below) , who are hoping for 10+ freebies, to make this group buy stand out (compared to other occasional IK/dealer sales and/or the perspective of a good sale on the Total Studio 3 Max). Those in-between these two groups form the last group; they want maybe 1 or 2 bigger items (mostly because they already own the rest) and would want a decent number of extra (mostly cheaper) freebies to convince them to jump in, instead of waiting for the TS3 Max sale. 

Given the way this group buy is advertised by IK (once-in-a-generation promotion, biggest ever group buy, goal of 25,000 participants), here is hope they'll be patient in letting this grow towards 10 freebies (by extending the group buy if needed). That should get all the groups discussed above interested.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Regarding how this GB operates - Do you see the additional free products soon after the counter reaches the next level or do you need to wait until the end of the GB to get the additional products added to your account?

They are already there, check your account under promotions. You will see all 3 of them. Click on 'available' and choose your free product... 3 times!

Edit: oops, didn't see this was already answered before posting...

image.thumb.png.e4fac4420f275eb88377779880d8ca64.png

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Thanks 1

The only things I'm shy on out of all things IKM are the ST4 expansion packs. 

I bought in for L.A. Confidential and picked up the two Orch Percussion packs and Alternate Keys.

The following will be my add on choices (in order of preference):

Neal Peart Drums
Hugh Padgham Drums
Terry Bozio Drums
Billy Cobham Drums
Alan Parsons Imperial Grand

I don't really expect to get any more than that. If I get three more from the above list I'd be paying $10 per pack. 🙂 

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

If you have all the AmpliTube collections (Slash, May, etc.) does AmpliTube 5 have everything included in Max version?

AmpliTube 5 will give you the new gear and features and your existing collections will load inside it and take advantage of those features so you'd be all set.

These are included in AmpliTube 5 MAX:

Fender® Collection 1 & 2
AmpliTube SVX 1 & 2
AmpliTube Orange®
AmpliTube Mesa/Boogie®
AmpliTube Slash
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™
AmpliTube Brian May
Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection
AmpliTube Joe Satriani
Fulltone® Collection
AmpliTube Leslie®

If you have all of those (or all you need from among those), AmpliTube 5 is all you need to have everything.  The new gear in AmpliTube 5 is nice too, people tend to like those.  This video features the new gear so you can hear it in action:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

iiuc, there are some piecemeal custom shop items included in AT5Max that you would not have after buying AT5 + every collection: Carvin, Jet City, Dr. Z amps, T-Rex and Wampler pedals. I think you'd have those with AT5Max or AT4Max.

But I don't want to conflict with Peter's message - Peter, maybe I'm mistaken?

edit: only answering that question directly, not to dissuade anyone from at5; especially with the collections you have a huge amount of sounds and all the newest ones. after many years it's still my default guitar sim plugin and there are at least 3 instances in my template.

Edited by mister_tea

20 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

yay.. picked up Satriani as freebie..

now just need to ask.. has anyone seen any blurbs anywhere that  state or claim that Fender Collections 1 has been updated for AT 5?

According to Pete, all of the AT products were updated for 5...IR wise I believe

3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

yay.. picked up Satriani as freebie..

now just need to ask.. has anyone seen any blurbs anywhere they state or claim that Fender Collection 1 has been updated for AT 5?

Amp impedance and improved cabinets apply to all gear (except some of the AT Metal cabinets that were unfortunately lost in a flood and could not be re-measured for the new huge # of IR system).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Amp impedance and improved cabinets apply to all gear (except some of the AT Metal cabinets that were unfortunately lost in a flood and could not be re-measured for the new huge # of IR system).

With all the dosh you get out of the group buy you should replace those metal cabs and IR those.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bapu said:

With all the dosh you get out of the group buy you should replace those metal cabs and IR those.

Some of them were not directly replaceable but they are looking into what can be done if the vintage cabs with the right specs etc can be found.  And some cost more "dosh" than we've made in the group buy so far and then some.

Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Some of them were not directly replaceable but they are looking into what can be done if the vintage cabs with the right specs etc can be found.  And some cost more "dosh" than we've made in the group buy so far and then some.

But have you thought about the children?

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

But have you thought about the children?

Not to be too much of a downer but during the floods when these were lost people had to think of the children unfortunately.  Bad times there, I thought I got a lot of flooding here in the southern U.S. but then I think about some of the things that have gone down in our neck of the woods in Italy and I stop complaining!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

After getting AT4Max last group buy I've added the newer collections was just wondering if upgrading to AT5 would 'max' out my stuff...

again this is if I understand correctly, but I do think AT4Max + new collections + AT5 gives you literally everything available now.

• Like 1

If I already have the gear I need through having AT4 and collections, is there any incentive in getting AT5 over AT5SE functionality wise? Apart from AT5 having more gear, anything else added over AT5SE? I have been using AT5CS for a while and miss not having access to VIR and the mixer, so thought ATSE would be enough?

3 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

If I already have the gear I need through having AT4 and collections, is there any incentive in getting AT5 over AT5SE functionality wise? Apart from AT5 having more gear, anything else added over AT5SE? I have been using AT5CS for a while and miss not having access to VIR and the mixer, so thought ATSE would be enough?

I think that's the case -- that AT5 is AT5SE plus extra gear. From the comparison chart, AT5SE does have VIR and the mixer. The extra gear includes the new-to-AT5 amps/pedals/cabs; I haven't spent enough time with it yet but so far they sound nice.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf

If you are deciding between AT5SE or AT5 to purchase into the group buy, the $150 vs $200 price points qualify for some different bonus products. MixBox, hammond, full rather than SE versions of MODOs and SampleTank, SampleTron 2, Lurssen all appear at 200 but not 150 for me.

edit: those $ amounts are what I see due to qualifying for crossgrades (very easy with IK). For brand new users I think it might be higher.

Edited by mister_tea
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

AmpliTube 5 will give you the new gear and features and your existing collections will load inside it and take advantage of those features so you'd be all set.

These are included in AmpliTube 5 MAX

Peter, I have AT4 MAX. And my AT4 collection runs fine in AT5 CS.

Is there any advantage to AT5 vs AT4 regarding the bass amps (i.e. the Ampeg)?

Edited by abacab